View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2012, 18:57   #20
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
I've been flawless the whole time, that's why people like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK71 View Post
Looks nice Waynio, very unusual design again! The renders do look a bit odd and top heavy but looking forward to how this turns out.
Thanks AK71 odd is good as long as it functions right .

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
Looking forward to following this mate i missed the start of your last projrect .but glad i wont be missing this one
Cheers peteski & enjoy the show mate .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
This is going to be a long and delightful journey as always my friend, the awesomeness I am going to experience I dont think will be good for my weak heart!!!! Now just do your thing buddy and I will go and get my jaw support mechanism!!!
Cheers Alex mate, not wrong about it being a long one that 10mm alu is tough to work but I'm getting through it .

Since first update of cutting all the 3mm sheet to size I have been busy, marked & cut the 1mm & 2mm sheet to size & made layouts ready for printing & sticking, worked out a good way to span big designs over multiple pages accurately when using an a-4 printer.

I print & stuck the 10mm plate designs for the HTPC which just about fit on an a-4 sheet & drilled the holes for scroll saw access & I believe I'm tackling the toughest part of the project as the first bit lol, not because of complexity but because of tough material, good grade 10mm alu is very flipping tough , my small 18TPI blades cut it well but takes ages & will be great for curve cuts so since I was cutting the outer edges of the HTPC sides & front first which are straight I put the cut up band saw blades to the job but still took countless hours, was up good & early & about 5pm called it a day after getting those pieces ready for the next phase of cutting the holes out.

The bigger stand sides I will do 1 at a time trying to get 1 done each day rather than be an idiot trying to do them both in 1 day lol & that is being optimistic, I will amaze myself if I get the holes cut out of the HTPC 10mm panels in 1 day tomorrow lol I said the scroll saw is like a manual laser cutter but boy oh boy it's a slow one for chunkier materials lol.

Pictures of the day.

All the sheet alu ready & waiting for detail & the sign of 10mm plate, need glue spray to get things done quicker & better so will get some on Wednesday.

10mm HTPC side panels & front panel printed & stuck.

The blades & drill bits which held the start off for a week.

Starting off with normal scroll saw blades at 18 TPI for thicker materials.

Switched over to the band saw blades for doing quicker straight cuts.

Each & every line I had to cut took a while & took a lot of concentration.

Sneaky peeky at the chop saw in the background & the thinnest slither I took off the 10mm plate .

My view all day today lol.

More soon .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote