View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2012, 09:05   #6
Spreadie
Knows the way of the Dremel

Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.
As far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out - I only managed a 20 minute skim read yesterday, before having to deal with a minor emergency, but I didn't exactly get a lightning bolt buzz as I flicked through the pages. Still, early days; and there's no point jumping off the deep-end until we see how it all develops.

The extended modding section is welcome, and I like that it isn't just restricted to Dremelling a case; so the Win7 USB install guide was a welcome addition - it wasn't news to me, but I applaud the inclusion and look forward to further tips and tricks.

The article on Graphene was interesting, and a section I really do look forward to reading - I did wonder about the applications of it when Geim and Novoselov got the Nobel Prize for Physics. Something like this could definitely keep me hooked into the mag.

I only skimmed over the labs section and haven't read the columns from all of the new contributors, so I'll reserve final judgement until then, but I think the changes could be a marmite issue. I don't think there's any doubt the mag needed to change however, I'm not sure whether it will be received as too much of a change.

2500K|Gene-Z|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote