View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 11:10   #3
TheStockBroker
King Battletoad

TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
I had the developer preview on my HTPC and it was fine, I didn't spend months using it but it seemed to work with any software I needed etc...

I will be installing on one of the spare 1Tb drives I have in my machine to give it a go
I have to admit, I was scared to install the dev-preview after all the non-completion statements MS made about various aspects of the OS. "Yeah, we're still working on this... and we're thinking about... we might redo..." Didn't instil enough confidence to use it as my primary OS (which is all I ever do with betas - use them as finished articles).

I've not looked at either pictures of, or comments regarding the new UI as I want to experience it myself without prejudice. I know the guys over at Redmond aren't stupid, and I'm sure it will at least be pleasantly usable...

Ah well, as long as I can still play BF3 and ME3 when it comes out, that's fine...

Incidentally, are we to expect any FPS improvements following a potential reduction in OS/Direct X overheads?