View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 14:21   #11
Krazeh
I *am* a Dremel

Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStockBroker View Post
Are there major changes to the core OS that would prevent Win 7 drivers being used? Although, that said - given how good integrated driver support was for 7, I can't see MS backtracking for 8!
I'm pretty sure i've read somewhere that Windows 8 will be able to use Windows 7 drivers without an issue but I can't remember for hte life of me where it actually was that I read it.

As for basing expectations of the Consumer Preview on the Developer Preview I wouldn't put much stock into how people fared with the Developer Preview. Not only was the Developer Preview based on a much earlier codebase but it had completely different objectives in mind. It wasn't intended for end users to install and play about with which meant that things like usability and to some extent reliability weren't massively high on the priorities.
Krazeh is offline   Reply With Quote