View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2012, 17:20   #19
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by towelie View Post
Anyone got any idea on how it will handle as a VM?
As the Interface is using the GPU, like Win7 and Vista, it won't be great, unless you have the VM that can handle perfectly smoothly Aero, and have the computer power.

Also, because of Hyper-V integration in Win8, stuff might have changed in the kernel part, so your VM, might have things it doesn't like, where the GPU acceleration wont' work. So far, from leaked screen shots, I don't see any of them with Aero enabled... so that is why I say that. So we have to wait and see, as it might be just the leaker person doesn't care, or uses a VM that doesn't support GPU rendering, or it might cause issue.

Quote:
Also how goods our intel for this release, surely bit-tech would release a news article?
I don't get what you are asking? Expected release date is the same as Win7 but this year. If that is what you wonder. Expect Public Beta tomorrow, RC half way down the line as a minimum. You might get "Beta 2" like in Vista, or "RC 2" like in Win7.

Quote:
Props to goodbytes for the list
Thanks.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote