Thread: Windows Arma 2: DayZ
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2012, 16:15   #12
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restayvien View Post
Looks great. I've only tried to play Arma II online once though. It's seriously confusing as a new player and other people are completely uninterested in helping a newbie learn the ropes. It seemed pretty laggy too which is crazy seeing as I run BF3 on full settings with no noticeable slow down whatsoever.
It's a shame you had that experience - mostly I found the opposite (of course there were exceptions). To get the best out the game though you need to play with a squad/clan/group/team whatever you want to call it.

As for the lag, yes pre 1.6 patch it was quite bad, now it's a totally different story - of course you are going to get exceptions but this is now down to either bad server setup or poor mission design.

The DayZ mod is particularly well done even if it's not my cup of tea - it is in Alpha stage still, so there is a new version a couple of times a day it seems - each time Rocket makes it smoother and quicker. If this is the level of quality that Rocket produces then we should be in for a treat in Arma 3 as he is now officially an BI employee and Arma 3 mission designer!

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote