View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 18:51   #6
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Thanks guys!

For starters, this is my idea of the wireless trackball. Since there are no of such kind on the market I had to go all DIY on this. I bought a cheap long range wireless mouse and took it apart. The trackball housing I had laying around from an older project of mine.

And THIS is the beautiful 51mm Tiger Eye chatoyant. It will suit the walnut very well IMO.

And then I did some wood working

Six sides, cut and milled

I donīt know if itīs bad gluing or bad veneer, but it cracked at a few spots. I will try to fix it... or hide it somehow.

Hexagon under pressure

This is the feet of the foot stand. Because of the choice of output selection, monitor or beamer, this console will have to be moved around in the room. So I added some small brass wheels. I had to cut off the fittings because they were to big, but it was hard to find a replacement. The holes are 6.7mm and thereīs no (standard)pegs in that size. I used a silicone tube over a M6, and it worked.

The front:

The hole to the right is for the beamer which will be vertically adjustable from underneath. More about that later.

Here are a nice brass fitting for the beamer and the startbutton.

I needed a thin piece of walnut for the back of the brass fitting and glued four veneer pieces together.

The biggest crack was on the front, and when I tried fixing it it just went worse...

This is one way of hiding it. What do you guys think about it? Too much bling maybe?

Well, so long!

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is online now   Reply With Quote