View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2012, 21:28   #2
ASPHIAX
Beyond Complexity Lies Simplicity

ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
OK, I am not going to bore you with taking apart a Cosmos II. That has been captured so many times now !

My plan was to put 2 x 480 radiator in the bottom of the case. But the PSU was posing a problem. I was planning on making a false bottom to house it but the i stumbled upon Vandalo's BRILLIANT idea! This is so much more stylish and completely takes away all the problems I had. I think we will see this configuration many more times! (I only think its fair to credit him with the link to his work here ) Only thing I did was to place a additional layer of plexi for some bling !

I was able to squize a couple of 480 rads out of the budget. Also the John Lund reservoirs just stuck in my mind from the first day i saw them over 2 years ago. I just had to wait for the right project to come along to use them !

On to the next job. I want to continue the green UV reactive plexi line I created with the PSU. So after a couple of hours of sawing filing and sanding it was ready !

Here I lit up the plexi with a front cathode. The idea is to cover it up with a vinyl sticker and place a UV led strip underneath.

Placed both the radiators and made a couple of coverplates. Again a lot of sawing and filing but Aluminukm is such a great material to work with!

Perspective ..

To place the SSD's I use the bending bench to work a piece of alu. Fits beautifully !

Cause I am paying for it all and not using any sponsors, i had to take out the UD7 and 2600k out of the EURISKO. Still pretty good hardware and with this cooling power It will clock nicely !

HA , that is why I NEVER throw anything away (to my wife's delight!) I had to find a way to cover up the fittings of the reservoirs. That's where the pile of old HDD platters come in.

And sometimes you just have to be a little lucky. How is this for a perfect fit?

Just a quick couple of shots with a large UV cathode.

Also was able to score a third 580 gtx and a old line EKWB block. Just have to think on something for the SLI bridge that sticks out like a sore thumb

On to the next job, placing the UV led strip underneath the front grill of the COSMOS.

Just had to slightly dremel the inside to make it wedge a little and keep it into place!

Placed the Antec proquiet fans on the 480's

Sticker Time !!!

And that was it for this update !
More to come soon !
W. www.ModWithMe.com
FB. https://www.facebook.com/ModWithMe
ASPHIAX is offline   Reply With Quote