Thread: PlayStation 4 Playstation 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2012, 20:15   #5
Neogumbercules
Mod Master

Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
There's no denying the 5800k/7660D is a cheap, smart and efficient option for Sony. Also no doubt it's much more powerful than the GPU in the PS3, which I believe is some kind of cut-down nvidia 7800.

That said, it's not nearly as powerful as having a dedicated GPU in there. Last I saw, rumors were flying that the PS4 was packing a Sea Islands dedicated GPU, which would make it a formidable machine.

I just don't want to see them put in weak-ish hardware and have a situation 7 years from now where they stretch out the generation far longer than the hardware can cope with. Though I will admit that devs have done some amazing stuff with the hardware they're stuck with. Uncharted 3, God of War 3, Halo 4, etc.