Thread: PlayStation 4 Playstation 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2012, 22:31   #18
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasio View Post
The processor is not on the same die as the GPU. It is on the same package, not the same die.
Yes my mistake. i meant package. In any case, it still has direct link to it, and is incredibly close form each other. Closer things are, the better. Hence why your system memory is so close to your RAM. And hence why processor manufacture integrate more and more things within the processor. Before, on the PC side, a motherboard made some major performance difference. Today, any motherboard will give you very similar performance, and motherboard manufacture have much less in their hand to differentiate themselves.

Quote:
Nope. I dont' see why you are trying to compare the PS3 to the hardware of the PS4. It has nothing to do with market share- the product isn't out yet. Don't use a previous generation console to try and support a yet-unreleased-console.
Its speculations. That is how it works. You also don't know anything either. At least I use past experience. Not magic.

Quote:
x86 efficiency is irrelevant, it always comes down to cost. IBM has less volume, on an older process. x86 is cheaper and mass produced in consumer hardware, I am not quite sure how you managed to get a higher cost out of a high volume, high yield, budget product like the A10 which sells for $115.
If x86 architecture processor was so great, believe me, it would be used. ESPECIALLY by Nintendo. Nintendo is all about: how do can we take inexpensive, yet solid products (processors, sensors, etc.) and create something new and completely innovative, all at an affordable price. Nintendo is a toy manufacture. Always was and always will be. Their goal is to always innovate. Innovate in the sense of not about creating something new that never existed, but how to use what exist to provide something that was not thought about.. well mostly.l Sometimes they really innovate. And every time time they do, it tends to change the gaming industry. It has never been about the most powerful console, and never will.
If you ever have hope up for a powerful console with Nintendo, you'll always be disappointed. From the NES (family computer) to the WiiU. Yet, Nintendo, usually have a huge success, which tends to, for some reason which I don't get, pissed off, and start bashing things. I don't get it. Just buy 2 consoles, or don't. Why get angry and bash things.? Anyway, this is off topic.

Microsoft tried the x86 approach. It was called the XBox. It was using a Pentium 3 733MHz, and a Nvidia GPU. Why did Microsoft changed? And to consider that the original XBox was based on Windows NT OS, they had to heavily modify it for the XBox 360. You would think it would be more costly, but clearly its not.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote