View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2013, 09:02   #10
Hukkel
James' minion

Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hukkel is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
One big update coming right up!

So I received the custom grills and they are :drool:

The package arrived from Portugal. Ricardo did an amazing job. Here is one assembled and one in pieces. Each grill is made up from 3 plexi pieces and a dustfilter. Plus a bunch of screws to keep it all together.

It is actually completely flush with the sidepanel. The round edges on the panel itself make it look like otherwise in the picture, but it is.

The fun thing with these grills is you see more orange the more diagonal you are looking at it. Looking at a 90 degree angle you hardly see any orange. I absolutely love them.

Finally started on the top panel one. Again it consists of 3 plexi pieces with a dustfilter (and a spare dustfilter). The other plexi plate is for measuring the hole that needs to be bigger on top of the case as it originally house 2*120mm fans and I want it to house 3 and maybe a radiator. Not an easy feat since it is 4mm thick aluminum. One extra strong grinding wheel was completely gone after 4 cm. So I brought out the jigsaw again. Like a knife through butter. Spent about 1 hour filing the hole to the correct shape and fit. It is being fitted from the inside like the original. But with extra strong holding points near the 5,25 inch bays.

A few pictures of all 3 grills in. The top one NOW isn't flush with the top. It will be eventually. And that looks WAY better. At some point a rad might hang from the grill making the top sqeeze the dustfilter flat and making the grill lower into the case. I also have some washers to use if needed for an extra 1,5 mm. I am even more happy with the top grill than the side grills. In real life it looks absolutely amazing. Later on with better lighting I will get my neighbour with his SLR to make far better pictures. But for now you will have to do with this sadly. Sorry.

Hukkel is offline   Reply With Quote