View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2013, 12:32   #3
Andreas | Brodholm
Multimodder

Andreas | Brodholm - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Andreas | Brodholm - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Andreas | Brodholm - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Andreas | Brodholm - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Andreas | Brodholm - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Andreas | Brodholm - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Andreas | Brodholm - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Andreas | Brodholm - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Andreas | Brodholm - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Andreas | Brodholm - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Andreas | Brodholm - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Introduction

Hello everyone, I have always been thinking about creating an account here at Bit-Tech but I never got to it. I have been browsing around here many times but never made an account. I have been over at XS for a long time and some of you might have seen me there. But now it is finally time to join you over here!

And I thought, what better way then to do a build log here! Hope I am welcome here and that you will enjoy the log!

History behind the design:
About 5 years ago I decided that I was going to water cool my computer. Back then I had a Antec P180, not exactly the perfect chassis for water cooling your components. I looked at a lot of different chassis but I was never really happy with any of them. So I started sketching on my own design. First they were really awful, but as time progressed I got better and better at drawing. Early drawings was in MS-paint. I then moved on to Google Sketchup and finally Autodesk Inventor. I have probably gone through about 30 different designs until I finally decided on this one. This will be my first custom designed chassis and it will also be my first ever water cooled system!

Goal:
To design a chassis specifically for water cooling that is able to handle high-end components and still be quiet. And at the same time have a clean and stylish look that does not get old after a few months.

Progress
#1: Planning and Designing.
#2: Constructing Parts.
#3: Assembly of Chassis.
#4: Completing Chassis. <--- I am here right now!
#5: Water Cooling.
#6: Components.
#7: Modifying
#8: Installing and Testing.
#9: Finishing Touches.
#10: Final Pictures and Summary.

Specifications

Last edited by Andreas | Brodholm; 26th Apr 2013 at 18:20.
Andreas | Brodholm is offline   Reply With Quote