View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2013, 09:27   #1
VipersGratitude
Ultramodder

VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.VipersGratitude is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The Second Amendment

Today, as a thought experiment, I put myself in the role of a military strategist in a tyrannical US government, just the citizenship rose up against the tyranny - What would I do?

The answer is simple...

Being in government I'd have all the intelligence about the supply infrastructure of my own country. I wouldn't need to gather the intelligence, I'd have it already. Joe Citizen, on the other hand, would have to figure all that out, giving me the advantage.

I'd hole up in Area 51 for two reasons:
  1. It's remote and fortified.
  2. It's the only US military base I can name off the top of my head.

Any citizen militia is likely to prepare their assault from the nearest city, which is Las Vegas. So, I'd launch a few tactical surface-to-surface ballistic missiles to take out the water treatement plant, and food storage areas, electricity generators, and roads leading in and out of the city.

This would leave that territory isolated, without food, water, and electricity. It would, however, be brimming with firearms. That way I can just sit back and let the second amendment suppress the revolt for me.

Do you think the 2nd amendment is woefully outdated? Is it now subject to the law of unintended consequences? Has time subverted it's original intention in to a tool of oppression?

Discuss.

Last edited by VipersGratitude; 19th Jan 2013 at 09:35.
VipersGratitude is offline   Reply With Quote