View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2013, 01:45   #2
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipersGratitude View Post
I'd hole up in Area 51 for two reasons:
  1. It's remote and fortified.
  2. It's the only US military base I can name off the top of my head.
While it may be relatively remote, "Area 51" isn't really fortified. Sometimes it seems like it is because it is shrouded in the myth of secrecy; it has legend protecting it. If an armed populace were to go parading in, there may not be much you could do to protect yourself. I suppose you could unleash all the alien super-technology that is housed there, but, well, yeah. There are any number bases from which to operate, and they are likely better fortified and better connected - that is unless you plan to live out your regime in a bunker in the desert.

I'm a little unclear about your plan. You state that you would neuter Las Vegas, and then let the Second Amendment take care of the revolt. Could you elaborate, because I'm not following the logic. It seems to me that a tactical strike on America's symbol of consumerism would likely inspire the populace to grab their guns, hop in the RV, and drive out to Groom Lake. Actually, come to think of it the populace is more likely to worship you for eliminating that particular stain from the landscape.

Also, your very first statement is flawed. The citizenry has quite a lot of knowledge about the supply infrastructure of the country. Contrary to the popular image, no president can ever know a lot about everything; true polymaths aren't as common as popular media would have you believe. If you were the despot, you would rely on your advisers to tell you all about the nation's infrastructure, and your advisers likely came from the private sector, where there are hundreds more just like them.
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote