View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2013, 01:39   #12
Neogumbercules
Mod Master

Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Neogumbercules is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think MMO gaming has something to do with draining the fun out of regular games. I used to play regular games like crazy until I got way into City of Heroes and it gradually eroded my interest in regular console gaming due to the sheer amount of my free time that it consumed. Then once CoH got stale (and since died) my interest in other games hasn't come back. It doesn't help that most of my gaming was dominated by the PC and I don't often get the hot new properties like Gears, Halo, etc.

Money is definitely a factor also. I just can't afford to drop $60 on a new game, but Steam sales provide massive discounts that make it possible for me to buy and play games without having to worry about spending my meager disposable income.

I tend to find one or two games and focus on them intensely as opposed to playing everything like I used to do. Right now my main crutches are Skyrim and Borderlands 2. I tend to play BF3 for short spurts now and then also, but that's about it.

I think once the next console generation gets rolling I may get engaged again. I'm 28, btw.