View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2013, 20:07   #1
Azariel
Multimodder

Azariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for president
Project Arc - Hardware installed, cable management started! 04-09-2013

Good evening everybody! After lurking here for quite some years and having done several smaller mods on my old Stacker (the original CM Stacker), PSU for testing purposes and standalone water cooling configuration it is finally time to take on a slightly "bigger" project which has been in my head now for quite some time. So, without further ado I am presenting to you Project Arc!

As you might have guessed this will be a Fractal Arc Mini casemod in which I will attempt to cram quite a lot of components in this relatively small case and still keep it clean. Even though its not a very original goal, it will be an ambitious one Next to this the main body of this log will be about a whole range of cosmetic changes I have in mind.

Before I start with the images etc, a short apology for this relative long first post

Lets start of with a short overview of the components which will be used in this case (mind you, these are not sponsors, just an overview of owned and planned components).

Anyway, as part of preparation I did some fiddling around in sketchup which resulted in the following image.

As you can see (I hope) the plan is to close up the drive bays (not going to use them anyway) and use the space to create an activity indicator (shape not exactly sure yet). The area behind the mesh will also be closed up and one of 2 240rads will be placed behind it with a push-pull fan configuration.

First real modding progress was stripping the case and removing the lower HDD rack which I also would not use.

Byebye drive cage

Followed by removing the plastic parts behind the mesh which had to make place for the radiator.

Small photoshoot in lightbox with the now empty front and original Mesh.

Next step was making a template to cover up the hole and cutting a nice sheet of 1mm aluminium into shape.

The all important visual inspection....Passed!

End result of the panel behind the original mesh.

Finally a fill plate for the drivebays has been made which will be glued in and made flush using filler. Also means I will have to paint the entire thing in the end, however, that also means the paint of the alu and case will match up nicely (atleast I hope)

That's it for now! Next update I will most likely fit the radiator into the front of the case and make the necessary modifications to the case and support brackets.

Any comments, feedback, questions etc are more than welcome so feel free to share your thoughts!

Last edited by Azariel; 4th Sep 2013 at 20:01.
Azariel is offline   Reply With Quote