View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 14:39   #5
Azariel
Multimodder

Azariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for president
Update 3-Feb

Ok, and on to the next step, fitting the radiator, but first of all, some goodies which came in earlier this week

Corsair Air series SP120 Quiet edition 3x a twinpack. I had some doubts if I should go for the performance versions and just dial them back. But in the end decided that having to integrate a fancontroler somewhere would just mean more clutter and also would not make that much sense unless hooking it up to a PWM header on the MOBO (which would result in other issues).

With the red ring, as they will be used

Second part was 2x a XSPC EX240 radiator (one for the top, one for the front)

So, on to a bit more modding. As space inside is limited, I wanted to move all components as far out as possible to keep the feel of a somewhat spacious interior. This means that the push fans from the push-pull config will be slightly outside the main chassis as the plastic cover leaves plenty of space for this. However, this did mean the small metal bar had to go.

And byebye bar (will touch it up with paint later, but its atleast flush atm.

First fit with the radiator in (self supported)

As the radiator sits quite snug between top and bottom I considered to not fix it to the case. However, I noticed it started leaning forward. So I started working on some brackets.

I initially designed some extensions at the lower flap, but in the end they went out as it didnt work well with the case.

Removed tape and they fit quite well (considering the bending was done in a very amateur way...) In the end they will of course be painted matt black to match the Rad.

And finally drilled the holes and did a test with the fans mounted on it. I will have to go look for some shorter black screws to mount the fans as I dont want to do it like the way done here and the radiator only came with 4 screws (and I need 8 for the push-pull)

Thats it for today. Thanks for watching and as always, comments, questions etc are more than welcome!

Last edited by Azariel; 3rd Feb 2013 at 14:50.
Azariel is offline   Reply With Quote