View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2013, 17:36   #59
Krazeh
Mod Master

Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Krazeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
If you want to use a mouse+keyboard strictly speak yes you still interact with the OS in the same way, but why use a mouse+keyboard with a OS designed mainly for touch enabled devices? why not just use a OS designed with those controls in mind in the first place.
Having used Windows 8 since the consumer preview release I'm pretty happy that it's been designed with mouse and keyboard controls in mind. I've yet to find anything I can't do on Windows 8 that I could on Windows 7. And I've not felt at any point that I'm missing out on anything by not using it on a touch-enabled device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
The point is metro suffers because its focus on visuals is at the detriment of functionality, a point that it seems Microsoft maybe finally admitting by hopefully including a way to go straight to the desktop.
If the functionality has taken such a back seat as you seem to be making out how would MS removing the need to click a single tile, or (if you have put it as the first tile) pressing enter, when first logging in fix those issues? What functionality is it restoring?
Krazeh is offline   Reply With Quote