View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2013, 11:58   #49
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cei View Post
I'd like to see your products/evidence for disclaiming Guinevere's statements, Gareth? Some are bound to be contentious, and really revolving around what we define mass market adoption/sales as.
I'd like to see Guinevere's evidence first. I'm not willing to put the effort in to citing the whole list if the person I'm discussing with won't do the same. (Also, see above for at least one example from memory.)

As you say, though, some are arguable: is a device mass-market if it's available in shops, or only if it's available internationally? Does it have to sell above a certain number of units, and if so what number?

EDIT: Ah, screw it, why pretend I have a life. Right, from the top ladies and gentlebeings:
1) I have no evidence to the contrary, as previously stated.
2) iPhone was released on the 29th of June 2007; the LG 'Prada' KE850 was announced on the 12th of December 2006 and went on sale in May 2007, selling a million handsets in its first 18 months. A large capacitive touch-screen dominates the front of the device.
3) Motorola's Razr family, announced July 2003 and launched 2004, used glass and aluminium heavily in its construction.
4) Plenty of prior art for this one, although I'm not sure what is meant by 'gesture.' I'll put Palm OS as my evidence here, though, 'cos I was a huge Palm fanboy back in the day. 1996.
5) Again, not really sure what is meant here, so I'll refrain from providing guesswork evidence.
6) FrontPath ProGear, 2001, as mentioned upthread.
7) I can't speak for any other operating system, but most Linux desktop environments (including Gnome and KDE) have perfect support for high-resolution displays, and have had well before Apple brought out any retina-class products.

There.

Last edited by Gareth Halfacree; 24th Oct 2013 at 12:26. Reason: Procrastinating from real work.
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote