View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2013, 12:58   #7
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Halfacree View Post
the people who absolutely need to see the warning: WD hard drive owners running (or looking to run) OS X Mavericks?
Hmmm your definition of Link Baiting and mine are clearly different.

You say "Western Digital warns of OS X Mavericks data loss" which I say is a bit linkbaity (Ooo look I made up a word).

It's not an issue with Mavericks or even WD drives. It's an issue with WD Software when running on Mavericks. It's nothing to do with the drives and nobody is claiming it's anything to do with Mavericks.

Don't you think that "Warns of OS X Mavericks data loss" could me misconstrued to mean it's a warning about Mavericks having data loss issues? When closer to the truth is WD have a serious issue with their software when running under Apple's latest OS.

And in the article you claimed that WD are advising "don't upgrade to OS X Mavericks just yet" and this just isn't the full picture is it? Where did WD claim this?

The article is part fact and part opinion piece. I feel it's been written as a "There are issues with Mavericks" piece rather than a "WD messed up big and didn't QA their software under Apple's new OS" piece.

The source TUAW article is a purely factual piece, where this one is flavoured with phrases such as "more serious problem on the horizon" when talking about Mavericks before going on to explain the issue isn't with Mavericks but with WDs software.

Just a differently flavoured take on the same news I guess. You read (wrote) it one way, I read it another.

And like your article is your opinion, so is my comment here. Please don't kick me off bit-tech for providing my opinion even if you disagree with it... I've been there and done that and it was crap.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote