View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2014, 10:16   #95
sonicgroove
Radical Atheist

sonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyan
As a (fundamentalist?) Atheist, with no pretensions of romanticism (gruff Yorkshireman), it sometimes surprises me to think that I just agreed to get married to my partner of 7 yrs. I see marriage as a commitment to each other to stay faithful to each other, and for the obvious tax/social benefits. The ring should act as a kind of barrier against casual approaches from third parties, and make either one of us think twice if said third party is rather attractive. Obviously it's not foolproof, but it adds an extra layer of security to a relationship. It has nothing to do with tradition, religion or subservience/identity removal.

I do have to say though, that Porkins' Wingman's post is just about the most thoughtful, inciteful post I have ever read on a public forum anywhere. It has made me think....which is no mean feat in itself.

I hope you don't mind, but I want to steal a line from it for a signature.
sonicgroove is offline   Reply With Quote