View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2014, 18:32   #20
Corky42
Mod Master

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by debs3759 View Post
This government have a lot to answer for. One of their recent promises is that if they are reelected next year, they will bring us out of the ECHR and withdraw the HRA. Do you want to live in a country where you no longer have rights? Do you believe your vote will make a difference? Many people don't believe that. Many have probably not even heard about many of the recent changes and/or promises. They won't do anything about it if they know nothing about it.
Yea, i have to admit that when politicians and governments talk about taking us out of the ECHR & HRA it does worry me, especially in light of the Snowden revelations and the constant erosion of our civil liberties.
It wouldn't be so bad if they also talked about what they would replace it with, but so far they seem happy to talk about going after the bad guys without a thought of how this effects normal peoples lives, it's like any means justifies the end.

As for votes not counting, i tend to agree, especially when all three main parties are so similar, or all support the same thing, like Internet filters, RIPA, data retention, etc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
No, it's priorities.
<Snip>
So that would be Apathy: lack of interest in or concern for things that others find moving or exciting

Like i said the reason for it are open to debate, such as they have more important things to worry about, but for one reason or another people have things that they are more interested in, or are more concerned with, like putting food on the plate.
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote