WilHarris
Just another nobody

WilHarris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Gamers gasp as booth babes banned

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/01/25/booth_babes_e3/

WilHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2006, 11:45   #2
K

K has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the DremelK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm all for it to be honest. Selling anything via some 'fit woman' in a dumb constume is always pretty embarassing.
Old 25th Jan 2006, 11:46   #3
MrWillyWonka
Chocolate computers galore!

MrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
All I can say is "BORING"...

Need I say more?
MrWillyWonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2006, 11:58   #4
Bindibadgi
Am I out of touch?

Bindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Meh. It's only the Booth Babes in Taiwan shows that are worth it.
Old 25th Jan 2006, 11:59   #5
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
well i dont think its that big a deal, but its still a lil harsh, F1 girls to go next?
Old 25th Jan 2006, 12:32   #6
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
Meh. It's only the Booth Babes in Taiwan shows that are worth it.
Agreed tbh
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2006, 12:40   #7
Lord Kordir
Supermodder

Lord Kordir has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
We do have AVN anyway
Old 25th Jan 2006, 12:46   #8
blackerthanblack
Supermodder

blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.
When I think of all those poor girls being put out of work I just want to go to them and confort them somehow :P
Old 25th Jan 2006, 12:49   #9
Lord Kordir
Supermodder

Lord Kordir has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackerthanblack
When I think of all those poor girls being put out of work I just want to go to them and confort them somehow :P
A man after my own heart, lol.
Old 25th Jan 2006, 13:05   #10
JavaBoy
Supermodder

JavaBoy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
in short....damnit!
JavaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2006, 13:36   #11
Twill
What's a Dremel?

Twill has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Meh, for anyone who has worked an E3 it's probably a good thing.

Marketing wise you need the pretty women to get the nerdy guys to your booth because the people next door have them. But I tell ya, it's the most depressing thing in the world to have someone come to your booth and instead of asking you about your amazing awesome super-duper gameing product, they ask you to take their picture with the pretty lady's chest and then after kindly saying thank you swiftly move to the next set of over exposed breasts...errr...amazing awesome super-duper gaming product.

that and the fact that it was often hard to sell anything to anyone while both of you are being distracted by the barely dressed lady next to you

That being said...E3 will have one less reason for me to follow it this year
Twill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2006, 13:42   #12
Bladestorm
Hypermodder

Bladestorm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think its a good thing overall and the title at the top of the Legendary link is probably a good demonstration of why, even if that wasn't quite how it was meant

E3 GIRLS "Its not about the games"
Bladestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2006, 14:11   #13
themax
Ultramodder

themax has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiMaL_FuSS
well i dont think its that big a deal, but its still a lil harsh, F1 girls to go next?

Probably. Next thing ya know, the posters and images of game models like Lara and other characters will be banned unless "dressed for success" or some crap like that.
themax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2006, 14:42   #14
fev
Industry Fallout

fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
tbf they could write off the fine as an expense... i should think many companies shall do that
Old 25th Jan 2006, 14:43   #15
kanuslupus
Hypermodder

kanuslupus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A better solution would be to ban cameras with a $5k fine, plus confiscation, and allow partial nudity.
Old 25th Jan 2006, 15:08   #16
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
F1 girls to go next?
Don't even think that, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o
Old 25th Jan 2006, 15:30   #17
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I guess this is the last and the first E3 with no visitors...
Old 25th Jan 2006, 15:38   #18
Ener
Supermodder

Ener has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
how the hell will they enforce a 5000$ fine, and is it only to the companys girls? (and girls in general) what if they had blokes wearing skimpy outfits lol!?, would probably sicken most of the people (including me) which is funny, but when all the nerd people see a hot girl there like OMG, get a photo and get a good feeling and then when they remember it there like OMG PS3 was mad it made me feel good

Ener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2006, 15:50   #19
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
F1 girls to go next?
In Bahrain they were banned... being a muslim country and all.
Old 25th Jan 2006, 16:37   #20
[Jonny]
Supermodder

[Jonny] has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think they are being too lenient tbh. If it were me I would just ban clothes on booth babes altogether.

[Jonny] is offline   Reply With Quote