Just another nobody

WilHarris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Dell reveals concept systems

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/05...ncept_systems/

WilHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 20:02   #2
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
That full-size case is absolutely gorgeous. Nice to see they're taking things seriously in the XPS labs and not just thinking they've been outsourced to Alienware.
Old 12th May 2006, 20:03   #3
RotoSequence
Lazy Lurker

RotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
We want vertical slits Dell, vertical slits

That is actually a somewhat impressive look IMO. While other people have bashed on it, I personally think the look is intriguing. As for the Laptops, they purchased alienware... why?

Last edited by RotoSequence; 12th May 2006 at 20:04. Reason: ninja style...
RotoSequence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 20:06   #4
Cabe
Hypermodder

Cabe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoSequence
As for the Laptops, they purchased alienware... why?
If you cant beat em, buy em

"Out the 100 Base-T port, past the Router, off the Bridge, through the Firewall..... Nothing but Net."
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 20:18   #5
simosaurus
Supermodder

simosaurus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i really like the big red/silver case, glad to see dell is making some real innovative designs. i can see that groove running down the side being used in mods to come, heck, id love to try it myself
7800 GTX SLi
X-Fi FPS
24" dell
Aqua Watercooling
simosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 20:41   #6
bloodcar
Mod Master

bloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for president
Now if they'd just do away with their propriatary motherboards and power supplies...
Old 12th May 2006, 20:52   #7
fev
Industry Fallout

fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
the red can also be blue, with a fading switch me job i've read somewhere
Old 12th May 2006, 21:08   #8
Drexial
Supermodder

Drexial has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
no matter what it wears..... its still a Dell.

and they bought alienware cause they were going downhill, their computers were becoming overpriced crap.... perfect for dells "enthusiest" line
Drexial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 21:11   #9
Drexial
Supermodder

Drexial has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodcar
Now if they'd just do away with their propriatary motherboards and power supplies...
sorry about posting again right away....

but the power suplies cant be switched out with any standard PSU, the only thing is most after market PSU's have an on off switch that most of their cases dont have a space cut out for. the tech shop where i work charges an extra $20 for the dremmel work that needs to be done to get the powersuply fit in. but it still works with any standard ATX. but they did indeed have one that would burn out your MoBo if you pluged in a standard PSU, but that was done away 2ith cause of the outrage over the con job they pulled.
Drexial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2006, 21:13   #10
TheColdLord
Multimodder

TheColdLord has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not bad, not bad. If I'd have the money, I'd certainly buy me one of those cases, not to mention that the laptot's paintjob is very nice. I only hope that they improve the performance even more. Looks are important but make it high performer(more then now), and then it will be trully awesome.
Old 12th May 2006, 21:24   #11
bloodcar
Mod Master

bloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for presidentbloodcar should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexial
sorry about posting again right away....

but the power suplies cant be switched out with any standard PSU, the only thing is most after market PSU's have an on off switch that most of their cases dont have a space cut out for. the tech shop where i work charges an extra $20 for the dremmel work that needs to be done to get the powersuply fit in. but it still works with any standard ATX. but they did indeed have one that would burn out your MoBo if you pluged in a standard PSU, but that was done away 2ith cause of the outrage over the con job they pulled.
I was referring to their PSUs being shite. My very short stint last summer of doing Dell Warrenty Repair (they still send me emails ) the vast majority of problems were either PSUs, mobos, or hdds failing. If they'd go with a reputable supplier for the PSUs and mobos, then all would be good.
Old 12th May 2006, 23:38   #12
Dustin
Supermodder

Dustin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Absolutely STUNNING!Does anyone know the name of that desktop case?I would certainly buy one if they sell case only or make my own mod with such a "grill".And immagine the airflow,front fans...

i hope that is the back i am looking at

holy ****
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2006, 00:06   #13
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
That Dell case is the nicest I've seen in a long time.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2006, 00:10   #14
RotoSequence
Lazy Lurker

RotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youRotoSequence - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
On the topic of Dell PSUs, PC Power and Cooling sells models explicitly for this purpse
Old 13th May 2006, 02:23   #15
customh
conflagration.

customh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sweet, are they water cooled, because if above the indent in the middle was water cooling stuff that'd be pretty sweet, although not feasible for the mobo's.
customh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2006, 02:34   #16
FIBRE+
I *am* a Dremel

FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I'm really not into the whole Dell thing at all, but that case is damn sexy

saying that though the designers have probably had no restrictions... theres always stacks of stunning concepts and designs going around in many areas from cars to computers but 90% gets watered down for the the public because most of them have no imagination or taste.

The laptop just looks cheap and nasty IMO.

Edit:\ Will, is it possible you could give us some higher res pics of the case please
FIBRE+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2006, 02:48   #17
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I'd also be curious to see whether they release that case for sale on its own or not. While it may not be to everyones case, I'm sure many would be intrested in purchasing it, without the rubbishy components inside.
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2006, 03:06   #18
FIBRE+
I *am* a Dremel

FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FIBRE+ - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Just been on my daily visit to gizmodo.com, they have a link to a page on Dell's site. Theres a few pics and some info (tasty in black), looks like a finished product TBH

http://www.dell.com/html/us/products/e3/index.html
FIBRE+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2006, 04:20   #19
customh
conflagration.

customh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm definitly not interested in owning a dell either myself, they just look cool.
customh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2006, 10:05   #20
<A88>
Trust the Computer

<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis<A88> can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi
That Dell case is the nicest I've seen in a long time.
QFT
As is evident, no manufacturer is ignoring the case anymore. The beige-box is long gone and most companies are offering decent quality cases with their systems and simply rebranding them (which is neither good nor bad). Dell's ability to use their massive market share and revenue to fund their own case design really does seem to have paid off. They've always had decent looking systems to be fair- nothing to write home about but something that will please the masses. Trying to replicate that mantra and yet create something more 'extreme' and exciting is a feat they certainly deserve credit for, as this case does indeed look gorgeous It also pushes the bar up a bit for modders who are intent on having a case which looks nicer and more impressive than their best mate's pre-built job, so it's good news all around in a way .

<A88>
<A88> is offline   Reply With Quote