Just another nobody

WilHarris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Metal Gear Solid gets a movie

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/05...r_solid_movie/

WilHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 14:44   #2
Shadowed_fury
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Shadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sweet!
No idea what the storyline would be, but flashbacks to previous storys from the games would be cool
Shadowed_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 14:45   #3
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Sweet! sounds awesome!

need a good lead role, the older yet rather fit(inshape) individual, none really come to mind.i hope the high class production values and direction like in the games.

Tho i have read parts of the Halo script and im really really looking forward to it as its rather quite violent.

Welcome to Thunderdome, B*tch
XBL: atanum141
atanum141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 14:52   #4
chemo
True Jungle Brother

chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
as long as its better than doom
i reckon it could be done pretty well though with all the content from the games and it would be ace if they went back into the series for the story.
i had no idea they were making a halo movie either
chemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 14:55   #5
atanum141
I fapped to your post!

atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.atanum141 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemo
i had no idea they were making a halo movie either
Yeah they are, try having a look at aintitcoolnews, or summat like that website, as they had the early scripts. All i remeber was in the Halo film there will be lots of blood and lots of headless people!!

Welcome to Thunderdome, B*tch
XBL: atanum141
atanum141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 15:01   #6
chemo
True Jungle Brother

chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atanum141
lots of headless people!!
schweeet!
chemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 15:08   #7
KMS-oul
You think you know me.

KMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the DremelKMS-oul has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I hope Uwe Boll directs it.
KMS-oul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 15:12   #8
Nix
Multimodder

Nix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
YOU HOPE UWE BOLE DIRECTS IT!!!

you must be mad. that guy is bloody useless and shouldnt be allowed to direct commercials let alone a game ported movie.
Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 15:26   #9
keir
S p i t F i r e

keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
cool cant wait for it
keir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 15:51   #10
webbyman
Hax.

webbyman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
escape from LA anyone? e.t.c theres already solid snake movies out

which is where i believe the whole solid snake character came from...

a quick google to those of you who don't know what im talking about:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116225/

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/01162...th_key=0116225
webbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 16:08   #11
Leeum
Mod Master

Leeum has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
About time!
Leeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 17:06   #12
dire_wolf
Last Of The Dovakhiin

dire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for president
How about kurt russel for the lead? he did an ace snake plisken in escape from new york
dire_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 17:15   #13
Idioteque
Telephasic Mongoose

Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Plus, Kurt Russel seems to be getting on a bit... he's 55. As far as I can remember Solid Snake was in his mid 50s during the Shadow Moses incident...

All I'm saying is that I'd like to see Metal Gear: Solid (the first playstation game) made into a film. The plot seemed so much better, and the game itself was a lot grittier. It would make a great film.
Old 15th May 2006, 17:19   #14
Kaze22
Supermodder

Kaze22 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I don't know which came out first Escape from New York or the first MGS game. So it's hard to know which is a spoof of which. I believe the first MGS came out before Escape from New York.
Anyway this is good news, I just hope Kojima doesn't allow his ego get in the way of finding a real hollywood director. I heard Hideo wanted to direct the film himself, which would be quite the disaster.
Somehow I see Michael Bay doing this kinda of a film.
Kaze22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 17:38   #15
dire_wolf
Last Of The Dovakhiin

dire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for president
They're completely different stories

The name snake is where the similarities end

spoof my bumho . . . *grumble* *grumble*

Old 15th May 2006, 17:47   #16
Kaze22
Supermodder

Kaze22 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Do you know which came first the first MGS on NES or Carpenter's Escape?

Just found it.
Metal Gear NES 1988
Carpenter's Escape 1981

I guess Snake was inspired by Carpenter. So Curt Russel was the original Solid Snake.
Kaze22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 17:51   #17
dire_wolf
Last Of The Dovakhiin

escape was 1981, the first mgs on the nes was '88

[EDIT]
Beat me to it
[/EDIT]
Old 15th May 2006, 18:13   #18
plug_in_ross
Supermodder

plug_in_ross has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dire_wolf
How about kurt russel for the lead? he did an ace snake plisken in escape from new york
I remember reading an article on the Empire website about what games could be made into films, and they suggested Kurt Russell as Solid Snake for an MGS film. David Hayter (voice of Snake) could be a strong candidate, but does anyone know what he looks like?
plug_in_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 18:55   #19
yahooadam
Ultra csavarkulcs
Banned

yahooadam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

movies based on games generally suck

if they do it well, great - but with today's hollywood, dont count on it
yahooadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2006, 18:59   #20
wilkyboy
Multimodder