WilHarris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Firefox 2 Alpha 2

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/05...fox_2_alpha_2/

WilHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 10:11   #2
Neo.Luxembourg
What's a Dremel?

Neo.Luxembourg has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
@Mac and his 17Mb .... maybe because of the "Universal binaries" ?
Neo.Luxembourg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 10:19   #3
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
memory leak gone? anyone?
Old 22nd May 2006, 10:25   #4
CoolFox
Modder

CoolFox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is the mac version Cocoa bred yet? I'd really like it if Firefox could take advantage of OS X's features like integrated spellcheck, dictionary, and direct PDF printing/viewing, not to mention download file management, like Safari.

Meh, if not, I'll be paitent. The current incarnation of Firefox on OSX w/ Sage is hot stuff, and Safari, even with its slick goodness, is not a match.
CoolFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 10:30   #5
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
As a loyal Opera user (Closet fanboy perhaps?) I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand I'm glad to see someone taking market share away from MS, but on the other hand that list of new features looks like a lot of things Opera has had for quite a while. What's the big deal with FF???
Old 22nd May 2006, 10:47   #6
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"links default to opening in new tabs" Damn. I hate tabbed browsing as I find it slower (no alt-tab) I sure hope I can turn that option off

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 11:00   #7
dullonien
Master of the unfinished.

dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dullonien is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
seems pretty good so far, not a huge change or leap forward. Spell checker is pretty useful so far, and not to intrusive. The time it takes to open seems to have decreased, maybe thats just me thinking it has though?

Glad they have kept it pretty similar without a load of extra new features that are completely useless to 99% of people. Companies need to stop releasing new versions of things that are exactly the same, with the same problems but with a load more bloat. Nice one mozilla, all is good. (lol mozilla isn't in the spell checker dictionary)
Main SilverStone FT03B | 2500K@4.0GHz | Corsair H70 | Maximus IV Gene-Z | 16GB DDR3 | Zotac GTX 470 | Corsair AX750 | 2 x HP ZR24w's | Server Antec 300 | Q6600 | Corsair H50 | EVGA 680i Sli | 8GB DDR2 | Sapphire HD4870 | Corsair HX520 | HighPoint RocketRAID 2680SGL | Renderer Lian-Li V300 | E6600 | Titan Fenrir | Abit Fatal1ty F-190HD | 4GB DDR2 | HIS X1950XT | Storage 12.5TB of Seagate HDD's |
dullonien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 11:05   #8
quack
\o/

quack has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Alpha 3 will be out on the 26th.
Old 22nd May 2006, 11:15   #9
GuardianStorm
Ultramodder

GuardianStorm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hmm, sounds like the firefox i have...it seems to have combined TabMix Plus, and a spell checker... ah well ,i suppose less of my extensions have to be compatable i guess
Finished Projects: Yarrrbox :: Laptop Stand :: Bench PSU MK2 :: FS2
Guides: How To Bend Metal
GuardianStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 11:46   #10
Nezuji
Multimodder

Nezuji has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthippo
... that list of new features looks like a lot of things Opera has had for quite a while. What's the big deal with FF???
What's the big deal with iPod? Or TiVo? Or Counter-strike? It's not who does it first, it's who does it well enough and early enough, then gets the word out the loudest. I don't recall any full-page Opera ads in any mainstream newspapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSniper
"links default to opening in new tabs" Damn. I hate tabbed browsing as I find it slower (no alt-tab) I sure hope I can turn that option off
Personally I love the tabs feature. Then again, I usually have 10-20 different "sessions" going at once, so Alt-Tab isn't going to cut it for me No doubt it will be a configurable option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
Surely the major thing is that spell checking is built in and works - great for anyone who spends a large amount of time on forums!
Either it's locked on, in which case I'll be annoyed by its continual attempts to "fix" words it doesn't know (my main gripe with MS auto-spellchecking), or it will be an option, in which case I still expect to see forums flooded with barely-coherent, illiterate ramblings from children and people who act like children. And I haven't seen a spelling- or grammar-checker yet that gets apostrophe usage right all the time.

Nezuji
Nezuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 11:54   #11
webbyman
Hax.

webbyman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
omg omg tabbed browsing is the way to go...

everyone knows that [full stop]
webbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 12:18   #12
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
CTRL-Tab navigates between tabs; CTRL-Shift-Tab navigates through tabs the other way.
Old 22nd May 2006, 13:16   #13
fev
Industry Fallout

fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
we should make firefox 2 compulsory for all new members whom don't pass the spelling test which should be included during sign up :P
Old 22nd May 2006, 13:45   #14
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
All I want is more of the same, maybe intergrate the best extensions, such as Tabbrowser Preferences, and AdBlock. But as these are major exstentions I imagine it wont take long for them to re-appear for the new version. More of the same please FireFox.

I miss the old 'Next Image' extension, anybody know if theres a version for FF 1.5? cheers. See old version here: http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/nextimage

Last edited by MiNiMaL_FuSS; 22nd May 2006 at 13:55.
MiNiMaL_FuSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 14:33   #15
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fev
we should make firefox 2 compulsory for all new members whom don't pass the spelling test which should be included during sign up :P
Did any other pedants out there spot the ironic mistake in a post about poor English in forum posts?!

By way of explanation, the correct way to phrase fev's post is "...all new members who don't pass the...", because 'who' is the subject of the compound verb 'don't pass'. 'Whom' is an object pronoun, so should be used in sentences such as "Mclean007 is a pedantic clown to whom grammatical correctness is a serious matter."
Old 22nd May 2006, 14:36   #16
fev
Industry Fallout

fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
well spotted,
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:02   #17
perplekks45
LIKE AN ANIMAL!

perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.perplekks45 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Harris
Surely the major thing is that spell checking is built in and works - great for anyone who spends a large amount of time on forums!
Not only for the person that posts...
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
I! I! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Last edited by perplekks45; 22nd May 2006 at 15:07.
perplekks45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:19   #18
DarkReaper
Alignment: Sarcastic Good

DarkReaper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I do'nt realy mnid if their is'nt a spelcheckre, i nevr need 1 neway
DarkReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 18:16   #19
FeRaL
Multimodder

FeRaL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would like to see Firefox get rid of it's user profiles. I find it outdated and horrible for migrating stuff over to other PC's...

Back in the day of Win9X, browser profiles were great as there were not separate user logons. Now, there is no real need for them as Win2k/XP have separate logons/accounts for users to use.

I can migrate profiles just fine now, but it took a few too many late nights to get all the bits and pieces sorted out. Hell, Thunderbird still gives me the shakes when I have to rebuild a PC. There are just way too many things you have to tweak becuase of the multiple profile feature...
I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him.
- Autobiography of Mark Twain
FeRaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 18:18   #20
fev
Industry Fallout

it takes less than 3 minutes to setup thunderbird,
input server settings from memory and click check email?

How's that difficult?