WilHarris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
DS Lite gets UK release

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/05...lite_uk_price/

WilHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 17:19   #2
Lazlow
I have a dremel.

Lazlow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ooh! Pity we have to pay more (yet again), but there's no surprise there.
Old 22nd May 2006, 17:31   #3
whisperwolf
I *am* a Dremel

whisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysis
Well at least its only a couple of weeks after the US release and not the usual 6 months. somehow I always get the feeling that Nintendo does not really like europe.

My Flickr
whisperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 17:38   #4
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I'm curious, are there not companies in existance that can just fill ships with things that cost more in the US, and bring the stuff over here, thens sell it for 30 less then anyone else, and still make a profit? I'm tired of paying more then the US, and all the "economies of scale", inflation, different currency rubbish doesn't wash. We get ripped off, on a daily basis, and I'm damn tired of it.
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 17:51   #5
ContingenctPlan
Minimodder

ContingenctPlan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by specofdust
I'm curious, are there not companies in existance that can just fill ships with things that cost more in the US, and bring the stuff over here, thens sell it for 30 less then anyone else, and still make a profit? I'm tired of paying more then the US, and all the "economies of scale", inflation, different currency rubbish doesn't wash. We get ripped off, on a daily basis, and I'm damn tired of it.
QFT! Seeing people on hardforum getting their 3007fpw's for $1400, when they cost at least 1200 over here, makes me want to cry.
ContingenctPlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 20:05   #6
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
the same happens here in Portugal because of taxes.

have you noticed that since the euro hit the prices of stuff like bread and rice have doubled?
Old 22nd May 2006, 20:18   #7
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I might buy myself a US DS lite from lik sang if I get one. No way I;'m gonna pay full UK price for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 20:31   #8
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXR_13KE
the same happens here in Portugal because of taxes.

have you noticed that since the euro hit the prices of stuff like bread and rice have doubled?
We havn't, because, thank god, we're not using the Euro in the UK. But yeah, I was aware that prices throughout Europe for a lot of cheaper products have basicly doubled, mainly because shops realised that people were confused about prices, weren't able to think that straight about what things used to cost, so many prices went up by 60-100%.
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 21:57   #9
Fusen
Supermodder

Fusen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
the problem with importing huge quantities of stock from cheaper places like the US or asia is that you still have to pay import tax so at the end of it you can't make it as cheap as the other countries get without illegally importing ;P
Fusen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2006, 22:27   #10
riggs
^_^

riggs can run Crysisriggs can run Crysisriggs can run Crysisriggs can run Crysisriggs can run Crysisriggs can run Crysisriggs can run Crysisriggs can run Crysisriggs can run Crysisriggs can run Crysisriggs can run Crysis
Quote:
...as an added incentive Nintendo is offering their European customers a glossy black version...
Balls!

I imported a white one about a month ago, and while it's a fantastic little machine, the yellow stains that have appeared around the buttons are damn annoying. Hopefully there'll be some replacement black shells on eBay soon...
Bally Jerry pranged his kite right in the how's your father. Hairy blighter, dicky-birdied, feathered back on his Sammy, took a waspy, flipped over on his Betty Harper's and caught his can in the Bertie!

PSN ID: buster2006
riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2006, 12:28   #11
whisperwolf
I *am* a Dremel

whisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysiswhisperwolf can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles
I might buy myself a US DS lite from lik sang if I get one. No way I;'m gonna pay full UK price for one.
Ermmm wont you end up paying a premium from Lik sang for importing and then the posssibilty of it getting caught in customs for an extra 20% aprox. i'll be very suprised if it come in at less than the 100 uk price (for instance the current jap import price is 105 with out import tax). Or have I got my sarcasm detector turned off again.

My Flickr
whisperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2006, 15:59   #12
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperwolf
Ermmm wont you end up paying a premium from Lik sang for importing and then the posssibilty of it getting caught in customs for an extra 20% aprox. i'll be very suprised if it come in at less than the 100 uk price (for instance the current jap import price is 105 with out import tax). Or have I got my sarcasm detector turned off again.
Yeah I just realised that after posting, I got my router from america but it still did end up cheaper than buying it over here.

The europeans have the euro as an excuse for pricing gaoing up and everyone not realising how much they were paying, WTF is the UK's excuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2006, 14:54   #13
olly_lewis
Hypermodder

olly_lewis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was a PSP user and now Europe and the UK are getting a sleek DS lite Black, and Metriod Prime Hunters has got be drooling so much...
Ill probably wait for the reviews of the next batch of games that get released with the DS Lite and around a month or two and I might get one, but who knows!?

My signature dumped me...