bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th May 2006, 18:02   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
OCZ goes commando

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/05...goes_commando/

Old 26th May 2006, 18:05   #2
hughwi
Ultramodder

hughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for presidenthughwi should be considered for president
Riiighht.... and thats going to sell because....
Old 26th May 2006, 18:13   #3
Idioteque
Telephasic Mongoose

Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Idioteque is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
people like camouflage

maybe tempting to the more military obsessed community... I belong to this minority.
Old 26th May 2006, 18:59   #4
olly_lewis
Hypermodder

olly_lewis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
good thing is my comp case has served in the Gulf and Northern Ireland... so that DPM would be a nice addon to the old soldier!

My signature dumped me...

Last edited by olly_lewis; 26th May 2006 at 19:49.
olly_lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 19:44   #5
[<x>] Kiyusoma
Deus Ex Machina

[<x>] Kiyusoma is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[<x>] Kiyusoma is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[<x>] Kiyusoma is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[<x>] Kiyusoma is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[<x>] Kiyusoma is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[<x>] Kiyusoma is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[<x>] Kiyusoma is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[<x>] Kiyusoma is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[<x>] Kiyusoma is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[<x>] Kiyusoma is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[<x>] Kiyusoma is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
just don't forget where you put your memory because you'll never find it again.
Old 26th May 2006, 20:09   #6
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
aaand look ma, pissant timings across the board.

2.5-3-3 is really considerably high for DDR 400, when you can get 2-3-2-5 stuff with ease. Similarly... with 3-4-3(IIRC) DDR2-800 hitting market soon, OCZ's just looks silly
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 20:46   #7
zr_ox
Whooolapoook

zr_ox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by [<x>] Kiyusoma
just don't forget where you put your memory because you'll never find it again.
Hilarious!

I'd buy that for a dollar!
Old 26th May 2006, 20:47   #8
LVMike
Supermodder

LVMike has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wheres the memory.... i can see it.

what a joke
LVMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2006, 23:22   #9
BlueDemon
Modder

BlueDemon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is it me, or is this whole heat spreader craze just a load of marketing fluff? I mean, how hot does RAM get, and how is a heat spreader going to improve its performance? Seems far-fetched if you ask me. I might not swim in the über-overclocker pond, but I've never heard a story of anyone who managed to MELT his RAM. Overvolt it to death yes, but burn it out from excessively intensive SuperPI calculations? I think not.
And cammo RAM looks sad. Like paining speed flames on a 15-year-old Datsun. There you have it.
Old 27th May 2006, 00:51   #10
Hans Voralberg
Multimodder

Hans Voralberg has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How much extra they're charging again ?
Hans Voralberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 01:04   #11
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Probably enough of one to put you in striking distance of getting a 2GB Mushkin/Super Talent kit.

As to heatspreaders, their purpose is to literally spread heat. It's way easier to cool modules this way, as one fan cools the whole stick. With bare chips, airflow that doesn't find a home can be a PITA
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 02:27   #12
kempez
modding again!

kempez has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yep try running some Winbond UTT or something at 3.2v and then tell me RAM doesn't get hot

My RAM has to have a fan on it to keep it running sweet
kempez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 03:49   #13
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDemon
Is it me, or is this whole heat spreader craze just a load of marketing fluff? I mean, how hot does RAM get, and how is a heat spreader going to improve its performance?

Actually, they help.

Ever remember Mushkins old Redline series (not an oc'r, so probly not) They required heatspreaders and active cooling becuase they could take volts like no other.

There's no way I could possibly get my Crucial Ballistix Tracers to what they are now, 250mhz DDR500 2.5-2-2-5 @ 2.8v.

They have a purpose, and they look cool!
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 11:41   #14
PA!N
Hypermodder

PA!N has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Uhh that looks sexay, but you wont see sh** once the ram is installed...
I would not buy that just 'cause it has some neat paint
PA!N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 12:45   #15
zr_ox
Whooolapoook

zr_ox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Actually when I first saw the title I thought OCZ had started shipping without heat spreaders!
Old 27th May 2006, 13:14   #16
DrFreeze
Minimodder

DrFreeze has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hmm, for 2.5-3-3-7 timings they better drop the price good, as i can get their very own platinum EL 2-3-2-5 for probably less then this is gonna cost due to the marketting cammo gimmick

id say if they properly adjust the price according to the timings, i might get some of this, not for the cammo, but for OK timings for a decent price
DrFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2006, 17:51   #17
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
This will sell well in the South. Down there you're getting dressed up when you put on clean camoflauge to go to a restraunt
Old 27th May 2006, 19:05   #18
Stuey
You will be defenestrated!

Stuey has yet to learn the way of the DremelStuey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDemon
Is it me, or is this whole heat spreader craze just a load of marketing fluff? I mean, how hot does RAM get, and how is a heat spreader going to improve its performance?
In one of my systems, I have soem Ballistix ram set to 2-2-2-5. Even when the system is idle, the chips are uncomfortably hot to the touch.
Old 27th May 2006, 22:14   #19
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFreeze
hmm, for 2.5-3-3-7 timings they better drop the price good, as i can get their very own platinum EL 2-3-2-5

Its DDR2, find me a kit of DDR2 with those timings.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2006, 01:16   #20
Cobalt
Supermodder

Cobalt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No those were the timings for DDR400. The DDR2 was 4,4,4,12 and 5,5,5,12
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote