bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 20th Jul 2006, 10:12   #1
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quad SLI is released to the masses

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/07...to_the_masses/
Old 20th Jul 2006, 10:19   #2
Solidus
Superhuman

Solidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youSolidus - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2006, 10:21   #3
bubsterboo
Hypermodder

bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hm, id like to see some new benchmarks now
Old 20th Jul 2006, 10:38   #4
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I want I want I want!

I think my tax refund just got spent. hopefully sooner, but then or sure.

I took a look at the recommended PSUs and they are all 700W or better which isn't surprising, but there is a Thermaltake 250W in there as well? WTF?
Old 20th Jul 2006, 10:46   #5
teamtd11
*Custom User Title*

teamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The Thermaltake 250W 1 is a graphics card only powersupply
teamtd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2006, 11:00   #6
DaSuperFly
Ultramodder

DaSuperFly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If it can't fit in a Shuttle then i'm not interested. Isn't two normal cards in SLI enough?
DaSuperFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2006, 11:04   #7
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSuperFly
If it can't fit in a Shuttle then i'm not interested. Isn't two normal cards in SLI enough?
depends if you've got a 30" Dell or not.
Old 20th Jul 2006, 12:30   #8
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
me wants benchmarks!!!!!!!
Old 20th Jul 2006, 14:09   #9
yahooadam
Ultra csavarkulcs
Banned

yahooadam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
so by masses, you mean the few people whose wallet can withstand the nuclear bomb that's about to go off in it ?
yahooadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2006, 14:26   #10
SeBbY_007
Supermodder

SeBbY_007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Strange that NVIDIA took so long in making this technology available to the masses. With DirectX 10 cards sure to be out in the not so distant future these cards are going to be old technology pretty soon. I'm happy with my 21" Dell and one 7800GT; at least it doesn't double my electricity bill.

SeBbY_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2006, 14:28   #11
DXR_13KE
Madeira's banana is the best!!!

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
or quadruple it
Old 20th Jul 2006, 15:12   #12
Reins
Modder

Reins has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
To answer your question about the termaltake, it is marketed as a dedicated GPU PSU it is meant for nothing other then powering your quad/dual GPUS.
Reins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2006, 15:41   #13
[1N0V471V]
Multimodder

[1N0V471V] has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I wouldn't let a Thermaltake PSU touch my system, lol.

I simply do not game enough to be able to justify quad or even normal SLI

(though I do have 2 6600GTs laying around)
Dell 2007WFP - Danger Den TDX Universal Top - Windows XP Professional

Dell E1505 - 2GHz Core 2 Duo T7200 - 1GB DDR533
ATI Radeon X1400 - 15.4" WSXGA+ with TrueLife
60GB Samsung SATA 5400RM HDD - DVD+/-RW

[1N0V471V] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2006, 17:43   #14
bahgger
Hypermodder

bahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youbahgger - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I don't think you need to game enough until SLi becomes justifiable, it just depends on what options and resolutions you play at! Pro gamers probably play 3 times more than me and I play lots, but they're okay with 7900GTX setups alone if they just play at 1280 x 1024. A 24" Dell monitor at native resolution would change things a bit..

I'm quite interested to see the improvements in scores with Quad-SLi now its official, I have a single GX2 just longing for a companion if everything scales nicely :P
bahgger is offline   Reply With Quote