bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Feedback & Suggestions

Old 7th Nov 2008, 17:34   #81
Smilodon
The Antagonist

Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
It looks good. I like the new, minimalistic look.

Some nitpicking, though:

The tags should have been a bit darker. Bright color G with white text is a bit hard to read. Maybe use the same colors as the "tags" on the front page? (those up there^ who says "hardware", "modding", "gaming", and so on. ) maybe use a slightly larger font to make them easier to read. (We all know that after a while, we won't need to read them, but know what they are from their color, but it looks nicer. )

Also, Why are some threads tagged, while some aren't?

I would also like to see an even darker theme. Especially thinking about the art and photo section here. It's a bit too bright for my eyes as well.

Oh, and the blue borders on the front page/header and the ones on the forum have a slightly different color. (A tad brighter on the forums)

As I said, I'm only nitpicking here. Just want to offer my opinion. (And I can't believe i missed the beta... I did read about it, tried to find it, but it didn't work, and forgot all about it unfortunately... )

Other than all that, I haven't seen any other flaws.
Old 7th Nov 2008, 17:47   #82
notatoad
pretty fing wonderful

notatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by woof82 View Post
I hate change in general. But if you could merge "General" and "Serious" I would be appreciative.
I don't see the need to split them up... That just feels like we're going backwards.
i'm with you here, but there was a poll in the beta forums this and the split it up crowd won.

i'm glad i waited until this morning to complain about how ugly they looked last night, all seems to be fixed now. or maybe the old stylesheet was still in my cache or something, whatever. all looks good now, good job guys.
Old 7th Nov 2008, 17:56   #83
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoad View Post
i'm with you here, but there was a poll in the beta forums this and the split it up crowd won.
Yeah, I wasn't fussed either way... but the serious crowd decided they needed their own place to talk about serious things and super serious shizzle.
Old 7th Nov 2008, 18:03   #84
Delphium
Eyefinity enabled

Delphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the DremelDelphium has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Any advice with regards to scaled images Tim?
Or is it just resort to scroll click?
Delphium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 18:05   #85
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
image sigs yet?
Old 7th Nov 2008, 18:08   #86
teamtd11
*Custom User Title*

teamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelteamtd11 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk View Post
image sigs yet?
Only If it has relix and cheesecake.
teamtd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 18:12   #87
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

alastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim S View Post
Yeah, I wasn't fussed either way... but the serious crowd decided they needed their own place to talk about serious things and super serious shizzle.
The internet is serious bizness after all.

The colour scheme won't stay set to dark for me here, worked fine in the beta
Old 7th Nov 2008, 18:24   #88
identikit
Ultramodder

identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Anybody else who doesn't like the fact that when I thread doesn't have a prefix it's not inline with the rest? That and some forums have a limited number of prefixes?
Lemonade Magazine | Folding @ Home | CPC & Bit-tech folding stats (team #35947)
identikit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 19:00   #89
impar
2n-1

impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!impar - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Greetings!

This seems like a dude with an enormous... p*nis:
Old 7th Nov 2008, 19:01   #90
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Its not too bad but I would be inclined to say that dark needs be be a shade or too darker.
There is really too much blue for my liking, it's a bit too much like the default XP theme for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 19:05   #91
leexgx
CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

leexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleexgx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
image scaling needs fixing,

at least thay did not make the page width not limited to 1280/1024 as some forums do

seems ok but i realy do not use the fourms much so unless it was main paged i would of never seen any msg about it
i7-920 (4Ghz) <> Titian ferna <> Rampage extreme III<> GTX480 <> 6gb 3x2gb OCZ Gold 1600 <> SSD M225 256gb / segate .11 1.5TB <> X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty <> TK 1000w Toughpower <win7 x64> GreenFrog Computers Warrington
leexgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 19:46   #92
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphium View Post
Any advice with regards to scaled images Tim?
Or is it just resort to scroll click?
[IMGLINK] instead of [IMG] and it wont be resized.
Old 7th Nov 2008, 20:17   #93
MiNiMaL_FuSS
ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

MiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming SaiyanMiNiMaL_FuSS is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I like the new groupings and layouts....i dont like the new post icons on the side. it's a love hate thing.
Old 7th Nov 2008, 20:28   #94
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
man its been forever since I actually visited the forum itself, I pretty much just hover the main site and post through articles and what not but actually going to the forums and browsing around, hmmm I dont think I have done that in like ummm 4-5 months, but with the change I guess Im going to have to check that out and see whats up and new.
• DimasTech Test Bench • Black ICE Triple 120 Rad • Dual Bay Res/Pump • DD Fill Port & Res • D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block • ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo • AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz • 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory • (2) AMD 6870 XFire • (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 • (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE • Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive • ASUS XONAR DX2 • 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD • (2) 23" ASUS LCD • ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER • (4) NOCTUA P12 • (2) NOCTUA P14 • 1000W ZALMAN PSU • WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 •
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 20:46   #95
benjamyn
Hypermodder

benjamyn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks very Retro/simple to me. doesn't look bad but I prefer the old look
Old 7th Nov 2008, 20:46   #96
notatoad
pretty fing wonderful

notatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnotatoad has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by impar View Post
Greetings!

This seems like a dude with an enormous... p*nis:
where did you find that little guy? he's awesome.

edit - nevermind, i see him now. on that subject, what's up with reputation? how do i give it, how do i get it, and why do i have an icon under my name saying "add to supertoad's reputation", but it just tells me what my reputation is? and why is the add to reputation button not under other people's names?
Old 7th Nov 2008, 20:48   #97
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Can we have multiple pages on the "New Posts" screen back again please? I use it almost exclusively for browsing the forums, so if it has 2 or 3 pages I can browse through that's hunky dory.
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 20:55   #98
sandys
Mod Master

sandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for presidentsandys should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by identikit View Post
Anybody else who doesn't like the fact that when I thread doesn't have a prefix it's not inline with the rest? That and some forums have a limited number of prefixes?
yup thats what I was on about earlier, thats what makes the forum look messy, most forums put the thread tag/prefix in its own column to get arounde this, this works because the un prefixed one just has an empty column in its place and all the thread titles end up in line.

Its much easier on the eye that way.
sandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 20:56   #99
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiled_elephant View Post
There are 15" TFTs on ebay for £45: you have no excuse for using a Cancer Tube anymore
Good CRT's massacres all LCD panels. It has the most precision (don't need "clear type" to read your text), and the most color accurate displays.

Quote:
remember when we first got XP after all the cool greys of 2000? Everyone exclaimed, "eww, bright blue bubbles!" After a month nobody cared.
Yea, and I still hate it, and that is why I always put the classic theme. Vista Aero is a nice theme thus.

Also, this forum is soo ugly I feel like leaving and never coming back. My timer is on for a month. If in 1 month there is not news of a release theme or coming up theme, I will REALLY leave. This is beyond ugly design which render this page unusable. A 5 year old kid can do better. This is abysmal!

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 21:12   #100
Gooey_GUI
Wanted: Red Shirts

Gooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the DremelGooey_GUI has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I suppose going back to splitting General/Serious is pleasing for some people, but I think it's a mistake. So few new topics were introduced and commented upon before now (in a single forum) that I often saw there were only 20-25 of all topics that had recent posts as of the same day. Splitting this limited number of posts will make the OT discussion area seem deserted.

Again, regarding the split of general discussion, sometimes it is difficult to figure out what exactly is the extent of what is going to be posted. For an example - take what I saw today in a National Geographic magazine and tell me if it is serious or not.

Quote:
Some countries have compulsory voting. In Australia, there is a $20 fine for not voting.
To some this may be just an interesting factoid or perhaps some funny Aussie joke might be made. While others may want to discuss the realities, legalities, and moralities of compulsory voting. By automatically making the split at the beginning of the discussion probability, discussion will be more limited. Also, people who would like to make a post (but can't decide which forum it belongs in), may not even post a new topic at all.

The tags were very nice. Adding both atmosphere and functionality. If you wanted serious or politics all you had to do was click on a filter. If you wanted to focus on something else there was a nice selection of filters. I don't think people used them as much as they could/should and just look visually alongside the topic for an indication on piecemeal basis. Sometimes the topics shift into seriousness or become light hearted and prompts a shift in tags, but it was possible to make that choice to shift which the user won't have with the new set up.

Please bring back the filters and the tags.
Vote for bit-tech today!
Gooey_GUI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ardjuna, change, feedback, forum, myeyes!, oh-noes, omfg, relix, upgrade