bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 27th Nov 2008, 13:09   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Apple advises use of Mac anti-virus

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/11...c-anti-virus/1

Apple has updated its support site with a suggestion that users of Mac OS X employ some form of anti-virus defence in the wake of several Mac-based trojans.

Old 27th Nov 2008, 13:16   #2
bowman
Supermodder

bowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbowman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Mac OS X may be open-source UNIX underneath, but the developers have intertwined that base with gobs and gobs of proprietary GUI bloat, just as bad as Microsoft. This isn't surprising at all.. And I'll enjoy laughing at the rabid Mac fanboys. Thanks for this. :P
Old 27th Nov 2008, 13:24   #3
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
it's really inevitable considering its growing user base. spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Old 27th Nov 2008, 13:45   #4
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
This is possibly the most awesome sentence I have ever read

Quote:
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Old 27th Nov 2008, 13:57   #5
Sark.inc
Multimodder

Sark.inc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
LYING PACK OF TOSSERS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5-ImdiB3f8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TABhGdeGyM

can't find the rest of them where they say macs don't get viruses and LIE.
Old 27th Nov 2008, 13:59   #6
p3n
Hypermodder

p3n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowman
Mac OS X may be open-source UNIX underneath, but the developers have intertwined that base with gobs and gobs of proprietary GUI bloat, just as bad as Microsoft. This isn't surprising at all.. And I'll enjoy laughing at the rabid Mac fanboys. Thanks for this. :P
Get some facts, the Mac UI uses far less resources than Vista and it being UNIX all processes get a look in at the CPU instead of the UI causing performance issues....

Anywho we put sophos on our Macs at work, never seen a virus tho
Old 27th Nov 2008, 14:34   #7
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3n View Post
Get some facts, the Mac UI uses far less resources than Vista and it being UNIX all processes get a look in at the CPU instead of the UI causing performance issues....
Get YOUR fact straight, please. Vista Aero UI is rendered on the GPU not CPU. The only thing that the CPU does is render the content of the Window, but that is the program that needs to be changed to render itself on the GPU rather than the CPU.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
Old 27th Nov 2008, 14:35   #8
cjoyce1980
Supermodder

cjoyce1980 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sark.inc
LYING PACK OF TOSSERS.

doesn't matter what OS you use, the viruses, malware and all the other crap will get you soon enough..... looks like there is no such thing as a superior OS now
Old 27th Nov 2008, 14:37   #9
cjoyce1980
Supermodder

cjoyce1980 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBytes
Quote:
Get YOUR fact straight, please. Vista Aero UI is rendered on the GPU not CPU. The only thing that the CPU does is render the content of the Window, but that is the program that needs to be changed to render itself on the GPU rather than the CPU.
lets face it, as something becomes as popular as windows its gonna get own by some jumped up hacker/spammer some where.... ubuntu and all other linux OSes next
Old 27th Nov 2008, 14:44   #10
M4RTIN
Ultramodder

M4RTIN - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!M4RTIN - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!M4RTIN - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!M4RTIN - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!M4RTIN - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!M4RTIN - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!M4RTIN - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!M4RTIN - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!M4RTIN - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!M4RTIN - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!M4RTIN - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjoyce1980 View Post
doesn't matter what OS you use, the viruses, malware and all the other crap will get you soon enough..... looks like there is no such thing as a superior OS now
woo time to stick with palm os i think..it's so outdated it'll never get a virus
Old 27th Nov 2008, 14:45   #11
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
Word.

Old 27th Nov 2008, 15:01   #12
p3n
Hypermodder

p3n has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBytes
Quote:
The UI being 'explorer.exe' not just the aero skin...
Old 27th Nov 2008, 15:15   #13
dyzophoria
Supermodder

dyzophoria has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3n
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowman

Anywho we put sophos on our Macs at work, never seen a virus tho
I think he doesnt mean the performance of the MAC, its about how OSX is coded, he means that because there are alot of proprietary bloat that hasnt been coded wisely, more exploits are discovered from time to time, compared to when vista released, OS X has even more vulnerabilities that has been discovered since then, as I said on another forum, its sad that OSX is based on a mature BSD base yet, more exploits are discovered from time to time on it
Old 27th Nov 2008, 15:22   #14
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

Fod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run CrysisFod can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Word.
thank you, thank you. i'm here all week. my writing services are available, talk to my agent!
Old 27th Nov 2008, 16:37   #15
tranc3
ADHD Modder

tranc3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltranc3 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So the apple company just lost 85% of there marketing campaign.
Old 27th Nov 2008, 16:48   #16
Fod
what is the cheesecake?

their.

and i wouldn't say the virus aspect was 85%. they have been placing less and less of an emphasis on that lately, although i must admit the recent mac vs pc ad on viruses was somewhat irksome.
Old 27th Nov 2008, 16:54   #17
ozstrike
yip yip yip yip

ozstrike has yet to learn the way of the Dremelozstrike has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sark.inc View Post
LYING PACK OF TOSSERS.

I'm pretty sure they would have been made when there were no major viruses for Macs.
Old 27th Nov 2008, 19:35   #18
-EVRE-
Supermodder

-EVRE- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It still boggles me why people way over pay for an x86 based computer then put the mac OS on it.. Talk about gimped.. There is nothing a MS based system cant do that a mac can.

If they claim a MS system uses more resources.. we have quad cores and a gig of ram costs $15..... its hardly an issue.

I'm a person who uses their computer for EVERYTHING:
Watching TV
recording live TV
watching DVD's
recoding movies to play on my dads Zune, sisters Ipod, and my sony walkman
Playing video games, CSS, Crysis, WoW (lots of wow.. and Wow multi boxing) Mass Effect.
....... etc etc.

Mac uses, welcome to the rest of the world, be careful with your computer, don't be an idiot... your OS cant protect you from that anymore!
Old 27th Nov 2008, 19:50   #19
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
To Steve/Apple:

Old 27th Nov 2008, 20:36   #20
Aterius Gmork
/r/pcmasterrace

Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Aterius Gmork is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
*another one bites the dust*