bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 21st May 2009, 04:11   #1
500mph
The Right man in the Wrong place

500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel500mph has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
PROJECT: Duke Nukem voice lines for Zoey

I am posting this for a friend of mine who had a pretty genius idea.
I am taking this post from this thread.

Quote:

So years ago, I hired Jon Saint John wiki (voice actor for Duke Nukem) to do all of the sounds for my CSS Gungame server (Welcome to Davers! Gun Game Server, Somebody's on Knife Level, Somebody's on Nade Level, Better Luck Next Time Losers, Time for a Knife Fight... as well as a few others).

I was charged $50 (the general rule is $50 for 30 seconds, but he says it's flexible and is basically just there so that he doesn't have to read e-books as Duke), and was emailed great quality individual mp3s, and people still love them on my server to date.

His only other "rule" is that he won't identify himself as "Duke Nukem" in sounds that will be used commercially. He has no problem with any swearing.

So then I got this amazing idea... what if I could hire Jon Saint John to record all of Zoey's lines for Left 4 Dead. Imagine that mod... imagine "Game over man, game over" or Zoey's death screams... as Duke Nukem.

So anyway I'm going to email him tonight and ask for a quote on some of these lines for Zoey. Once I have a quote I suppose I'll start asking for donations, and it shouldn't be long before we have a Duke Nukem sound pack for Zoey.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

UPDATE! IT'S HAPPENING!

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Alright here's where we stand:

I have set up a new paypal account for the sole purpose of receiving donations to have Jon St. John (voice of Duke Nukem) record Zoey's lines for Left 4 Dead.

Not including duplicates or story sounds, this works out to about 160 lines. Jon has given me a final price estimate of $300 So if we can get $300 into this PayPal account, we can make this happen.

At this point it's understood that once the project is done, it will be released for free to everyone, including people who have not donated. If the majority of the donators would rather keep it private, that's an option. If I can't get the full $300 in a reasonable amount of time, I may fork over a large portion of it myself, and then make youtube videos of it to entice more people to donate to get it.

Send your cash to: dukepaypal@daversgungame.com

At this point, we are trying to get the donations to get Jon to record Zoey's lines. There are lots of people who would rather have him do Francis's lines, so if we get more donations than we need, I will have him do Francis's lines as well - but as it stands, any donations received are going to be used to get Zoey's lines recorded. If for some reason we can't get anywhere near enough donations, it may switch to Francis. So if you want your donation REFUNDED if the character changes, PLEASE specify that in the paypal notes.

Include your facepunch username or other alias so that I can update a list on here of who has donated.

Digg it to make it happen!
And yes, some people want it to be Francis. GO read that thread.

500mph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, jon saint john, l4d, zoey, zombies