bit-tech.net

Old 20th Aug 2009, 19:14   #1
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Touch Book

http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/touchbook/info.htm

You guys seen/heard of it?

I think it's pretty cool, but the only thing that bothers me is the low amount of ram, and the fact it doesn't have an x86 processor.

I'd totally buy one in a heartbeat if I could run Windows 7 on it and give it a GB or 2 of RAM.

Would be better if the cover was black too, but oh well.
Old 20th Aug 2009, 19:58   #2
C-Sniper
Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord7854 View Post
http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/touchbook/info.htm

You guys seen/heard of it?

I think it's pretty cool, but the only thing that bothers me is the low amount of ram, and the fact it doesn't have an x86 processor.

I'd totally buy one in a heartbeat if I could run Windows 7 on it and give it a GB or 2 of RAM.

Would be better if the cover was black too, but oh well.
For running linux though the specs are MORE than enough. Right now with a full Desktop environment (KDE) that rivals Vista's and FAH running I am using only 186mb Ram. With fluxbox I have gotten my RAM usage down to under 70mb usage. Very cool item, can't wait to see the evolution of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz View Post
hmm you seem to know a lot about guys.. I was wondering- if I put a piece of plywood down my pants, would that be enough to protect me from rear attacks.. like in a circus bathroom or high scale restaurant
C-Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2009, 20:02   #3
DarkLord7854
Pew pew lazerz

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Yea, hence why I said to run Win7

I know those specs are more than capable for Linux, but it wouldn't be too much use for me sadly with Linux =\
Old 20th Aug 2009, 20:07   #4
C-Sniper

C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.C-Sniper is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord7854 View Post
Yea, hence why I said to run Win7

I know those specs are more than capable for Linux, but it wouldn't be too much use for me sadly with Linux =\
Psh stipulations
Quote:
hmm you seem to know a lot about guys.. I was wondering- if I put a piece of plywood down my pants, would that be enough to protect me from rear attacks.. like in a circus bathroom or high scale restaurant
Old 20th Aug 2009, 20:07   #5
Rkiver
Cybernetic Spine

Rkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the DremelRkiver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hmm, that is rather tempting, but I cannot honestly say I'd have a use for it.
Old 20th Aug 2009, 20:15   #6
C-Sniper

It would be good for a student who only used it for classes and the occasional web browsing.
Quote:
Old 20th Aug 2009, 21:03   #7
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
It all hinges on whether the touchscreen has a decent on-screen keyboard...

Tags
awesome, book, touch, touchbook, win

View Mode