bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Tech Support

Old 25th Feb 2010, 15:04   #1
xxpokerxx
Minimodder

xxpokerxx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
FTP in IE8 with ISA 2006

Hi,

I am trying to go to my companies FTP site to do some tests but I cannot get to the site. I tried on IE6 and it works fine, but IE8 wont let me login ! When i type in the FTP address a login box should come up in which i login and do what i need to do. However with IE8 this is not the case, I just recieve an error message from ISA 2006 saying :

Quote:
Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The login request was denied. The logon account might have been disabled or logon information might have changed. Log on again to verify that the information was typed correctly. If the problem continues, report the problem to the administrator of the Internet server you are requesting. (12015)
IP Address: x.x.x.x
Date: x
Server: x
Source: proxy
I get this everytime ! I have tried evry possible combination of "Enable FTp folder view", "Enable integrated authentication" and "use passive ftp". I have also tried adding the username and password into the url to no avail.

Please HELP !!!!! I need to be able to do this for work, so this is delaying me quite a bit trying to figure this out.

Thank You In Advance.
xxpokerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2010, 15:15   #2
badders
Neuken in de Keuken

badders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for presidentbadders should be considered for president
Have you tried
ftp://username:thepassword@thisistheftpaddress ?

Some FTP sites I use won't pop up the login box - I have to address them directly as above.
badders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2010, 15:24   #3
xxpokerxx
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by badders View Post
Have you tried
ftp://username:thepassword@thisistheftpaddress ?

Some FTP sites I use won't pop up the login box - I have to address them directly as above.
Yes i have, I get a different error when doing that :

Quote:
Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The password was not allowed. The password might have been changed or typed incorrectly. Try typing the password again. If the problem continues, contact the administrator for the remote server and report the problem. (12014)
IP Address: x.x.x.x
Date: x
Server: x
Source: proxy
The username and password are correct by the way, I know because I can use them to FTP via the command line as well as an HTTP interface.
Old 25th Feb 2010, 18:44   #4
xxpokerxx
Minimodder

Well, I have figured out that I need to use windows explroer to do ftp with IE8. IE8 doesnt want to work for whatever reason but windows explorer works fine. I guess Ill just use it as it makes no difference.
Old 26th Feb 2010, 07:51   #5
Zoon
Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Set IE to bypass your proxy for FTP connections to that URL.

Usually a proxy doesn't like you to hairpin - I am assuming the ISA server is your proxy.
Old 26th Feb 2010, 08:28   #6
Andy Mc
I *am* a Dremel

Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.Andy Mc is definitely a rep cheat.
My advice on FTP issues is to always use a real FTP client, not IE. Fixes most issues instantly.

Andy Mc is offline   Reply With Quote