bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 10th Jun 2010, 12:47   #1
douglatins
Minimodder

douglatins has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Project SR2 (800D+TJ11+Ascension)

I want to make a case future proof and totally awesome, since I live in South America, cases are expensive due to shipping and taxes, for example a MMods Ascension case would set me back on 2K moneys

First stages: Design and Modeling

In this first stage I'll ask for help on improving the design and features of the case. You cant see the motherboard tray due to that I'm buying. It will be placed on top, RAVEN style. I can pretty much go crazy on the lines since this will be CNC milled

Right I'm looking to build a CNC machine. so expensive

Latest 3D render:

700x730x450mm

I need some designs to put in it to look "awesomer"

Last edited by douglatins; 12th Jun 2010 at 03:10.
douglatins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2010, 13:10   #2
Von Lazuli
I get by fine with a jig-saw.

Von Lazuli has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is that... FOUR QUAD RADIATORS?!

or is that... TWO TRIPLE RADIATORS?!

or is that.... FOUR QUAD RADIATORS AND TWO TRIPLE RADIATORS?!

You want to throw a Mora on those 9 120mm fans you have at the rear too?

I don't think you will be cooling limited.

I commend this insanity to the house.
Old 10th Jun 2010, 13:22   #3
douglatins
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Lazuli View Post
Is that... FOUR QUAD RADIATORS?!

or is that... TWO TRIPLE RADIATORS?!

or is that.... FOUR QUAD RADIATORS AND TWO TRIPLE RADIATORS?!

You want to throw a Mora on those 9 120mm fans you have at the rear too?

I don't think you will be cooling limited.

I commend this insanity to the house.
Hehe, the radiator brackets i made are compatible with either a quad 120/140 and triple 120/140

Max radiator support is 4 Quad 140mm rad 2 Triple 140mm rad.

If i can get sponsored by hardwarelabs I will aim to fill it, if come from my pocket I will start with one Quad only.

The Mora... uhm i didn't think of that... thanks
Old 10th Jun 2010, 14:11   #4
shah
Hypermodder

shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
totally future proof, you could easily run/cool an engine in there . This thing would be massive. What are the dimensions.
shah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2010, 14:23   #5
douglatins
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah View Post
totally future proof, you could easily run/cool an engine in there . This thing would be massive. What are the dimensions.
730x700x450mm (HxLxW)
Old 10th Jun 2010, 16:29   #6
shah
Hypermodder

shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.shah is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
now that was there with the picture and could not see it

Have you thought about the colour scheme and the outside look. By looking at all those fans would this thing be even quiet.
shah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2010, 21:22   #7
Dot_Kappa
100% Puppet

Dot_Kappa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why do you need all those radiators ?!?!?
Old 10th Jun 2010, 21:39   #8
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for president
Looks extreme

Me like!

1 thing so the ports will be facing up? how are you going to make that look clean

this is going to look cool
[i7-4700K][Asus Maximus VI Hero][H100i][R9 270X][HyperX Beast 32GB 2400mhz][NI KORE][1TB WD Caviar Black][Corsair 450W VS][Cosmos SE][Razer Abyssus][Microsoft Reclusa][Samsung S27C450B][Behringer B1031A][Shure SE215]
DeadP1xels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2010, 21:55   #9
Remmes
Be One With Your Mod

Remmes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
make the ports face down never seen that before, lots of fanholes O_O
Remmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2010, 22:13   #10
Fabou
Supermodder

Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Fabou is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
That case seem made for massive lot of cooling. I guess there will be some OC, won't there?
I really like your comment mate I wish I could express myself like this too! Thanks buddy!!
Fabou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2010, 03:12   #11
douglatins
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadP1xels View Post
Looks extreme

Me like!

1 thing so the ports will be facing up? how are you going to make that look clean

this is going to look cool
Added a grill top to render, mice and keyboard will be routed inside the case. All except monitor, since I don't have a cable that massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabou View Post
That case seem made for massive lot of cooling. I guess there will be some OC, won't there?
Actually that depends on how much money i will have left to buy WC stuff. But a case is the beginning
Old 15th Jun 2010, 02:58   #12
douglatins
Minimodder

New designs on schools PC
Old 17th Jun 2010, 21:46   #13
douglatins
Minimodder

Latest render
Old 17th Jun 2010, 21:54   #14
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
The definition of extreme !!!! Moaaaaaaaaaaaar pls!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2010, 22:32   #15
bagman
I Mod, Therefore I Own

bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
that is crazy can't wait till this project gets going
Old 17th Jun 2010, 22:45   #16
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.
I love it, its so mental and off the wall I don't understand where the motherboard fits exactly though... You do realise this case is nearly as wide as my case is long...

Maybe some wheels are needed...
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Sapphire Radeon HD 5870, 128GB Crucial M4, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2010, 23:14   #17
douglatins
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Pete View Post
I love it, its so mental and off the wall I don't understand where the motherboard fits exactly though... You do realise this case is nearly as wide as my case is long...

Maybe some wheels are needed...
The motherboard is going like the raven, i didnt make the hole top since i need the SR2 tray dimensions for it

Thanks guys.

Ordered the tray over here: https://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=423533
Big thanks to ajr23

Last edited by douglatins; 18th Jun 2010 at 03:27.
Old 18th Jun 2010, 03:45   #18
douglatins
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
The definition of extreme !!!! Moaaaaaaaaaaaar pls!

Old 18th Jun 2010, 06:31   #19
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Thats the spirit dawg!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2010, 09:09   #20
Raiden
Portuguese reviewer

Raiden has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good job

But many fans or holes for radiators , that wont be a quiet build..
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode