bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 13th Jul 2010, 10:59   #1
johnnyboy700
Ultramodder

johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.
What if they rebooted Star Wars?

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/ho...nounces-reboot

This made me think, could it work or would the die hard fanbase simply revolt and burn down Skywalker ranch in protest?

johnnyboy700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 11:21   #2
liratheal
Sharing is caring

liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.liratheal is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Terrible, wrapped in a blanket of awful, with a dollop of useless.
2008 Mondeo estate
Focus RS Mk1; Build number 1506
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 11:24   #3
mrdbristol
Voided my warranty years ago

mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Star Wars was just the original trilogy, imo.

Loved them, but the 'modern' ones are just sci-fi movies with the name 'Star Wars' attached.

By all means make a film , but stop milking the classic 3 originals.
( Aug 08 ) : Dark Water
mrdbristol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 12:19   #4
phenoptix
Multimodder

phenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelphenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelphenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If Lucas tried to force (excuse pun) midichlorians into the original trilogy I would be at the ranch with a pitchfork. It's not broke George, don't fix it.
If he wanted to have another go at the prequels I wouldn't be too fussed, in fact I could help him out. Get rid of the virgin birth aspect, midichlorians, Darth Vader building the campest droid in the universe, artoo-deetoo flying, yoda jumping around, Jar-Jar Binx, Luke's mum dying from a "broken heart", just realised this list will probably amount to, bin the lot and start again. Go and see the guys at Dark Horse comics, Timothy Zahn or Kevin J Anderson and relearn how to write good Star Wars. /rant
phenoptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 12:22   #5
Rogan
Not really a

Rogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the DremelRogan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So what's this, the third reboot already?
Rogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 12:43   #6
mrdbristol
Voided my warranty years ago

mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
So what's this, the third reboot already?
Lucas probably lost some money with the banking collapse, so he needs some ' money i found in the sofa ' to keep him going.
( Aug 08 ) : Dark Water
mrdbristol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 13:11   #7
phenoptix
Multimodder

phenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelphenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremelphenoptix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Seems that "Star Wars Episode VII:" is trending on twitter at the moment, my favourite so far is Star Wars Episode VII: Lucas needs a ranch extension
phenoptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 13:20   #8
NuTech
Mod Master

NuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run CrysisNuTech can run Crysis
I'd be quite interested in a less epic Star Wars film. Maybe taking place mostly on one planet, with a more intimate story.

I always felt that the recent trilogy failed because they tried to do too much and tried to force everything to make it feel 'epic'.

Look at films like Moon, which manage to do modern sci-fi well without ridiculous $200M budgets and CG overload.

They should tone it down and try something different.

Last edited by NuTech; 13th Jul 2010 at 14:14.
NuTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 13:48   #9
Mork
Multimodder

Mork has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdbristol View Post

Loved them, but the 'modern' ones are just sci-fi movies with the name 'Star Wars' attached.

This pretty much.
Mork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 14:08   #10
EvilMerc
Dew Addict

EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.EvilMerc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuTech View Post
Yey.

I think it could be redone, but keep the script the same and just improve the look of it all. That storyline should NOT be messed with. You'd have a job getting the actors right though...

Also, 3D is mentioned. Not a fan of 3D as it is, wearing glasses on top of glasses is neither comfortable or particularly dignified.
Phenom II X4 940 w/ CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB G.Skill DDR2 RAM @ 1066MHz | Asus GTX 460 1GB (900/1800/2100) | 1.8TB of HDDs | Antec 900 | Corsair TX750W | Windows 7 64-bit SP1
Steam
I motovlog
EvilMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 14:10   #11
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think George Lucas should go back home and watch Seven Samurai about a dozen times. Then, he might remember why the original trilogy worked, and he'll give up on this quest to destroy whatever good remains of the Star Wars franchise.

It's not about the technology, George. Forget 3D. Forget "synthespians." Take down the green screens and build a damn set. All the space ships, laser canons, and lightsabers were secondary to the actual story that was going on.
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 14:29   #12
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
Terrible, wrapped in a blanket of awful, with a dollop of useless.
Hahahaha!
Totally agree - +rep for you sir!

sig'ed
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 15:19   #13
Mr Mario
It'sa me.. marrioo!

Mr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:

This.
If they need to make a new film what about setting it thousands of years before the other films, like the new game sw: old rebuplic.
Mr Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 15:26   #14
Valo
Ultramodder

Valo has yet to learn the way of the DremelValo has yet to learn the way of the DremelValo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
starwars is not matrix, there's no reboot option
Old 13th Jul 2010, 15:37   #15
Smilodon
The Antagonist

Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Smilodon is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
This is the problem with today's entertainment industry. The complete lack of new ideas is a bit sad, really.

All Hollywood and game producers spit out seems to be sequels (and in extreme cases prequels released after the initial film) of older, popular titles. Just because the original were good doesn't mean that the sequel will be.

I'm not saying that all sequels are bad, but Mr. Lucas should REALLY start thinking about making something else than new iterations of the Star Wars titles. Just do a quick search on IMDB and you'll see how many film, game and series titles there are of Star Wars.
Old 13th Jul 2010, 17:36   #16
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.IanW is definitely a rep cheat.
Already rebooted:-

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 18:56   #17
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
The first rule of Star Wars is: We don't talk about The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith.
The second rule of Star Wars is: We. Don't. Talk. About. The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonkey View Post
I think George Lucas should go back home and watch Seven Samurai about a dozen times. Then, he might remember why the original trilogy worked, and he'll give up on this quest to destroy whatever good remains of the Star Wars franchise.
+1. It's time to let go now, and have another good idea. Or he'll just end up like the Wachowski brothers --oops, too late...

Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 19:41   #18
Silver51
I cast flare!

Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
... +1. It's time to let go now, and have another good idea. Or he'll just end up like the Wachowski brothers --oops, too late...
The Matrix was brilliant and the Blu-ray version doubly so. It's a damn shame they never made any sequels.

On topic, I'm a leave this here. It's a clip from the Star Wars Holiday Special which a lot of you kids may never have even heard of. It really happened. Actually, I'm pretty sure this deserves a gritty CGI reboot as well.

Also, Han shot first.

Silver51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jul 2010, 19:43   #19
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver51 View Post
The Matrix was brilliant and the Blu-ray version doubly so. It's a damn shame they never made any sequels.
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver51 View Post
Also, Han shot first.
Did you pick up the remastered original cuts of Star Wars on doovde? I treasure mine.
Old 13th Jul 2010, 19:59   #20
Silver51
I cast flare!

Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Silver51 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
Did you pick up the remastered original cuts of Star Wars on doovde? I treasure mine.
Yep, sat in the collection along with the 1950's War of the Worlds*, Lexx et al.

*It's a shame they never did a remake set in New Jersey with that guy from Top Gun. Because, y'know, Horsell Common is just sooo passť.

Hah, denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
Silver51 is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode