bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 20th Jul 2010, 21:06   #1281
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
Should I get FFXI?
No. You'll still need to make monthly payments which are certainly not on sale prices, and if you're intending to just pay the initial fee and play for a month then you won't get far enough to have fun.

Likely just a promotional sale with FFXIV coming this September. A way to make money off of people waiting with no MMO in the interim.
Old 20th Jul 2010, 21:18   #1282
murraynt
I Mod, Therefore I Own

murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
i played R.U.S.E and gave up.Had no clue what i was supposed to be doing
murraynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2010, 22:28   #1283
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
No. You'll still need to make monthly payments which are certainly not on sale prices, and if you're intending to just pay the initial fee and play for a month then you won't get far enough to have fun.

Likely just a promotional sale with FFXIV coming this September. A way to make money off of people waiting with no MMO in the interim.
I've never really understood why I should pay for a game AND for a monthly subscription.

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2010, 23:13   #1284
AshT
Custom User Title

AshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lead and Gold, FREE weekend.

Pre-load now!

(*you may need to quit Steam and then reload it*)
AshT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2010, 23:22   #1285
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael- View Post
I've never really understood why I should pay for a game AND for a monthly subscription.
In the defense of some games, you often do get more content as time goes on. It comes down to one's personal opinion as to whether the additional content is enough to warrant the cost, but it is there. It's more like a guaranteed and routine (and often required) DLC which you pay for via a subscrition. The important thing to remember is that you aren't just getting the original game and paying for it over and over again as many people are eager to believe.

I'd just question FFXI at this stage in its life. No doubt it'll be supported still, but don't expect anything new and revolutionary coming from such an old game, particularly with its "sequel" being so close.
Old 20th Jul 2010, 23:34   #1286
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Should I get FFXI?
I HATE that game!

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 10:11   #1287
Archtronics
I *am* a Dremel

Archtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Has anyone else been givin another free weekend on ruse ? :P
Archtronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 12:07   #1288
leveller
Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

leveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleveller has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
50% OFF all Paradox Interactive games.

33 games/packs/DLC to choose from.

I'll probably get slapped for saying this but they published a game called Rise of Prussia. And to me, that would compare to The Battle of Bognor Regis ...
leveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 13:29   #1289
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leveller View Post
50% OFF all Paradox Interactive games.

33 games/packs/DLC to choose from.

I'll probably get slapped for saying this but they published a game called Rise of Prussia. And to me, that would compare to The Battle of Bognor Regis ...
I went through the list and I have literally never heard of any of these games.

Anyone want to speculate on when the next big Steam Sale will be?

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Old 21st Jul 2010, 14:23   #1290
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Just pick the next big public holiday in either the US or the UK
Old 21st Jul 2010, 15:09   #1291
Parge
ITX FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4lanx View Post
Just pick the next big public holiday in either the US or the UK
August bank holiday......

Old 21st Jul 2010, 16:14   #1292
Pieface
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Pieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPieface is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
I went through the list and I have literally never heard of any of these games.

Anyone want to speculate on when the next big Steam Sale will be?
You've never heard of Mount and Blade?
Pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 01:01   #1293
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
By the way, you get Mafia for free if you pre-order Mafia II now.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.. if I thought I had enough time to play them both before leaving for Uni I'd be buying it

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 01:07   #1294
Spongeblunt
Captain of Your Face

Spongeblunt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm sure it's been listed already but Alien Swarm is now free:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/630/

It's a shame they aren't handing out the original Red Alert for Free on Steam.
Spongeblunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 01:12   #1295
murraynt
I Mod, Therefore I Own

murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshT View Post
Lead and Gold, FREE weekend.

Pre-load now!

(*you may need to quit Steam and then reload it*)
Didnt come up for me
EDIT: Never mind me actually
murraynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 01:14   #1296
Canon
Reformed

Canon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for president
Yeap, lead and gold free weekend, was supposed to pick it up during the sales, missed my chance =.|
Canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 08:56   #1297
Parge
ITX FTW

Quote:
You've never heard of Mount and Blade?
No I never have.

Is it a horse killing simulator?

Old 22nd Jul 2010, 10:15   #1298
wiggles
Multimodder

wiggles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
No I never have.

Yep
wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 11:29   #1299
Singularity
Supermodder

Singularity has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
No I never have.

Thanks for that, I now have orange juice running out of my nose
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 12:41   #1300
stormbringer500
Supermodder

stormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggles View Post
Yep
What the hell is a horse killing simulator?
stormbringer500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a steal, bargain, bogof, cheap as chips, cheep cheep, chips and curry sauce, derp, free dirt 2, hot and steamy, huge piston, mmm... spelt flour, mmmm... chips, omg free pc, onioncake, pushing in and out, spelled thief wrong, spelt not spelled, steam, steam... mmmm, stop! theif!, the taffer, where is free cheesecake?