bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 12th Feb 2011, 00:33   #1
tennisball
[Insert witty comment here]

tennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Crysis 2 leaked

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...sis-2-leaked/1

Last edited by CardJoe; 12th Feb 2011 at 01:37. Reason: tidying to house style +rep
tennisball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2011, 00:36   #2
Ph4ZeD
Banned

Ph4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run CrysisPh4ZeD can run Crysis
Seems to be true, its all over Piratebay.
Ph4ZeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2011, 00:38   #3
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Great, if it's true cue mass download of game and Crytek going console only... maybe it's an 'accidental' mistake so they can ditch the PC altogether. I hope it isn't true.

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2011, 00:39   #4
Cerberus90
petrolhead

Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.
Sounds like rather than moaning about piracy, they need to address internal security issues,

Cerberus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2011, 00:46   #5
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph4ZeD View Post
Seems to be true, its all over Piratebay.
What's this "Piratebay" you're referring to...

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2011, 00:49   #6
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I have to say, it probably isn't the greatest idea for sites like RPS to go and inform people. There's really no need for legitimate gamers to know, aside from the petty gossip angle. I hate to think of the number of people who might otherwise not have known about it and are now looking for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySmacked View Post
Great, if it's true cue mass download of game and Crytek going console only... maybe it's an 'accidental' mistake so they can ditch the PC altogether. I hope it isn't true.
Putting that tinfoil hat to good use, I see.
Old 12th Feb 2011, 00:50   #7
tennisball

tennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltennisball has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I agree with Ceberus, this will just give them an excuse not to develop for pc next time. (although it could still leak on the consoles)
Old 12th Feb 2011, 00:50   #8
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Well they did say they were releasing a PC demo.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2011, 00:50   #9
smc8788
potato

smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.smc8788 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
How the hell does a whole game get leaked this early?

I mean, considering the number of games released every year, how many do you hear of that get leaked over a month before release? Either something very fishy is going on, or Crytek's employees are the most incompetent morons in the industry.

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2011, 00:57   #10
Canon
Reformed

Canon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for president
Oops we accidentally spilt a game on the internet, better luck tomorrow chaps. Seriously, what the hell?
Old 12th Feb 2011, 00:58   #11
tennisball

Well, Half Life 2 got out ages before release. My guess is this came from somewhere in EA, didn't Sims 3 leak, too?
Old 12th Feb 2011, 01:00   #12
Stewb
Hypermodder

Stewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the DremelStewb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Not cool... seriously not cool
Stewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2011, 01:06   #13
Canon
Reformed

Canon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for president
The fact that SO much has been leaked is probably going to have serious implications for the online play in the legit version now, which means I'm probably just going to be giving this game a miss all together now.
Old 12th Feb 2011, 01:08   #14
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
This isn't good in any way I don't think.
Cannot understand how it happened, but I highly doubt it's going to be anything but bad for PC gamers.
Old 12th Feb 2011, 01:19   #15
sb1991
Supermodder

sb1991 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsb1991 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsb1991 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsb1991 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelsb1991 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Maybe they can get all the pirates to submit bug reports... might end up with a game that didn't crash quite as much as the original.
sb1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2011, 01:44   #16
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1991 View Post
Maybe they can get all the pirates to submit bug reports... might end up with a game that didn't crash quite as much as the original.
hahah!

This is just a beta test!!

But really,
how the hell does a game get leaked this early? surly people making games for pc's understand that this hurts their work?
must of been some low level employee who is ticked about how little money he makes.
Old 12th Feb 2011, 01:47   #17
murraynt
I Mod, Therefore I Own

murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.murraynt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I went on to a certain site . It's only up a few hours and one of the torrents has over 2'300 lechers already. Although there is alot of comments saying not to download it as Cyrtek care about the PC community and then others saying that they don't with releasing the beta on Xbox first.

I really have a feeling it was done on purpose. Maybe to build up the hype?
I5 2500K @ 4.8ghz l MSI GD53l 8GB corsair 1600mhz l Asus 5870 v2 NZXT Phantom Red l Zalman X10 Quiet l 60GB Crucial M4l F3 1TB Spinner l X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty l 700Watt Thermaltake l Samsung IPS231 l
Steam: murraynt

Last edited by murraynt; 12th Feb 2011 at 01:52.
murraynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2011, 02:00   #18
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraynt

I really have a feeling it was done on purpose. Maybe to build up the hype?
I'm thinking this as well.
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2011, 02:01   #19
tennisball

To be honest, I think the only people downloading this are people who would pirate it anyway. take a look at the Facepunch thread, the all seem to be against it.
Old 12th Feb 2011, 02:02   #20
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I dunno, I've had a look and I can't see it. TBH, I won't be downloading or buying it until the reviews come in. Every piece of software I own is legit and I'd like to keep it that way.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is online now   Reply With Quote