bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Closed Thread

Old 15th Mar 2011, 11:24   #1
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Want us to feature your project on bit-tech's front page?

We're always on the lookout for new projects we can feature on bit-tech in Mod of the Month and in front page features. If you think you're project has unique qualities that the rest of our community would like to read about, PM me - Combatus with your ideas.

We also scour our forum for completed projects to feature in our magazine Custom PC too - make sure you add 'Completed' to your project's title by using the 'advanced edit' function in the first post in your project log so it's easier for us to find.

Mod of the Month
I've received a comments about how some members of the community think MOTM should change, for example, to showcase completed projects.

Firstly, Mod of the Month was founded as a means to highlight in-progress projects on their merit and/or originality and show of skill. It also serves to dish up the best of what the forum has to offer, and many projects have gone unseen by members who might not have enough time to follow each of the scores of active projects closely (we all have jobs and lives outside of the project log forum unfortunately!)

Secondly, and more importantly, there are scores of projects we’ve nominated over the years, many of which have won MOTM, but that have never actually gone on to be completed and so would never be recognised by being featured in MOTM, on the front page or in MOTY (OSIDIAS, Prime, DBRS Project to name a few).

While I can appreciate that some projects nominated might be in differing stages of development (we'll be trying harder from now on to create a more level playing field), I think not recognising these amazing projects would be much more of a crime than anything else. After all, to be nominated is a privilege in itself, and you'd be well advised and live a longer life by not taking it too seriously. If you're banking on landing a shed-load of sponsorship from a MOTM win, then you're not only setting yourself up for disappointment, but you're missing the whole point of the competition, which is to have FUN!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?

Last edited by Combatus; 24th Aug 2012 at 16:07.
Closed Thread

View Mode