bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 24th May 2011, 22:33   #121
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanester View Post
Milk that cow!
milking

Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 23:13   #122
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
To be fair, you've used that image so often that it's becoming a bit self referential.
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 14:01   #123
spectre456
Ultramodder

spectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I read on PC gamer that it wont have dedicated servers. If that's true then screw MW3. they wont get my money. Its actually sad that they will still sell a lot of copies on the PC version desite this. It's even sadder that over 30,000 people still play mw2 on PC.
mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P Cpu: AMD Phenom 2 X4 945 @ 3.00ghz Gpu: EVGA GTS 450 RAM: OCZ Reapers DDR2 4GB storage: Hitachi Deskstar 320Gb 7200rpm 32Mb cache Case: NZXT Apollo black OS: Windows 7 ultimate x64 keyboard: MS KB mouse: Cooler Master Storm Inferno mousemat: OCZ mouse mat headset: Creative SoundBlaster Arena headset speakers: None
spectre456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 14:57   #124
Bede
Ultramodder

Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre456 View Post
I read on PC gamer that it wont have dedicated servers. If that's true then screw MW3. they wont get my money. Its actually sad that they will still sell a lot of copies on the PC version desite this. It's even sadder that over 30,000 people still play mw2 on PC.
I play MW2 on the PC. Clearly there needs to be some explanation as to why a man of impeccable good taste plays a game that (apparently) a lot of PC gamers hate. These are some fairly basic reasons.

1. Gameplay - it is much tighter than any other shooter around, hands down. There are many more game modes too. Also Spec Ops.
2. Engine - the updated cod4 engine is not a resource hog, and this matters for 90% of PC gamers out there. Those with awesome systems are a minority.
3. Class depth - I haven't played all that much MW2 relative to other players (only 120 hours or so) and I am still enjoying playing new gun combos.

I am the traditional 'hardcore' PC gamer. I like RPGs, I know what a roguelike is, I love turn-based and RTS games. MW2 scratches an itch that no other game can. It has (by now) a comparable level of balance with Starcraft 2; there are still 'cheese' builds like marathon/lightweight/commando or tubing, but there are answers for them.

Dedicated servers are very important, I do understand that. I wish that MW2 had them. I have come to appreciate the party and lobby system slightly, although it has many many problems. It will not be the end for MW3 to lack dedis though. I'm much more worried that it will feel like Black Ops, and thus be shite!
Bede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 18:27   #125
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
Try keep playing MW2 for over 300 hours.

250 hours of MW2 and I'm bored out of my mind. Whereas almost 700 hours on BFBC2 and still isn't bored, fat from it.

The lack of dedi servers and small static maps is the cause of boredom.
Old 3rd Jun 2011, 19:18   #126
spectre456
Ultramodder

spectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelspectre456 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede View Post
I play MW2 on the PC. Clearly there needs to be some explanation as to why a man of impeccable good taste plays a game that (apparently) a lot of PC gamers hate. These are some fairly basic reasons.

1. Gameplay - it is much tighter than any other shooter around, hands down. There are many more game modes too. Also Spec Ops.
2. Engine - the updated cod4 engine is not a resource hog, and this matters for 90% of PC gamers out there. Those with awesome systems are a minority.
3. Class depth - I haven't played all that much MW2 relative to other players (only 120 hours or so) and I am still enjoying playing new gun combos.

I am the traditional 'hardcore' PC gamer. I like RPGs, I know what a roguelike is, I love turn-based and RTS games. MW2 scratches an itch that no other game can. It has (by now) a comparable level of balance with Starcraft 2; there are still 'cheese' builds like marathon/lightweight/commando or tubing, but there are answers for them.

Dedicated servers are very important, I do understand that. I wish that MW2 had them. I have come to appreciate the party and lobby system slightly, although it has many many problems. It will not be the end for MW3 to lack dedis though. I'm much more worried that it will feel like Black Ops, and thus be shite!

If you like mw2 then good on you. That's your opinion. The game can be fun but I don't buy everything for solely that fact. mw 2 represents far too many steps back for pc gaming. Because of that decision to have no dedi servers and the fact that most pc gamers bought that crap despite all the pointless bitching, devs Thesedays are starting to consider not include them at all simply because mw2 was a straight port and sold well.

So have fun with mw2, but just don't forget what you're supporting.
mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P Cpu: AMD Phenom 2 X4 945 @ 3.00ghz Gpu: EVGA GTS 450 RAM: OCZ Reapers DDR2 4GB storage: Hitachi Deskstar 320Gb 7200rpm 32Mb cache Case: NZXT Apollo black OS: Windows 7 ultimate x64 keyboard: MS KB mouse: Cooler Master Storm Inferno mousemat: OCZ mouse mat headset: Creative SoundBlaster Arena headset speakers: None
spectre456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2011, 18:24   #127
3lusive
Ultramodder

3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu View Post
Try keep playing MW2 for over 300 hours.

250 hours of MW2 and I'm bored out of my mind. Whereas almost 700 hours on BFBC2 and still isn't bored, fat from it.

The lack of dedi servers and small static maps is the cause of boredom.
I'v got 36 days ingame time spent on MW2 multiplayer, so thats about 864 hours. So it can be done
Old 5th Jun 2011, 09:11   #128
Mystikal0412
Safety First, Think Twice!

Mystikal0412 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have played MW2 also for over 20 days, without any problem! Now I am playing BO and this also isn't boring me. It's all about what type of game you like. In otherwords, the never ending battle between BF and COD.
Mystikal0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 19:17   #129
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

alastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysis
Old 7th Jun 2011, 19:46   #130
lm_wfc
Supermodder

lm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysis
Why do they always show the single player so much? Most people spend way more time in mp, yet the focus of previews is always the new sp.
Old 7th Jun 2011, 20:13   #131
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm_wfc View Post
Why do they always show the single player so much? Most people spend way more time in mp, yet the focus of previews is always the new sp.
I'm actually more interested in the singleplayer personally...
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 20:20   #132
lm_wfc
Supermodder

lm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysislm_wfc can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete J View Post
I'm actually more interested in the singleplayer personally...
Each to their own, I get bored of sp after a couple of hours
Old 7th Jun 2011, 20:23   #133
3lusive
Ultramodder

3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.3lusive is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm_wfc View Post
Each to their own, I get bored of sp after a couple of hours
Agreed. Its just linear driven crap. Multiplayer all the way
Old 7th Jun 2011, 20:28   #134
mikemorton
Hypermodder

mikemorton has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikemorton has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikemorton has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It really does take all sorts.

I have a mate who plays nothing but multiplayer and really looks down on me for loving SP so much.

"But you can learn the spawn points, you know the AI, you know the best weapons. Where's the fun in that?"

And then he sits me down for a good old session of multiplayer - where he gets spanked so hard his bottom catches fire.

Mmm, getting killed every time you respawn for an hour. That was fun!

But for him it was fun - in just the same way that I find SP so enjoyable.
mikemorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2011, 21:02   #135
3lusive
Ultramodder

Fair play if you like the single player - I just find it really samey and boring after an hour or so. I only buy cods for the multiplayer you see. Good single player games are hard to come buy these days i think. Fallouts are good though.
Old 7th Jun 2011, 21:06   #136
mikemorton
Hypermodder

mikemorton has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikemorton has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikemorton has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OK, slightly off topic (well very, actually) - but what's a good game to pop my multiplayer cherry on?

I really am a bit clueless about the whole process.

Long ago, I had this idea that I'd have to join a clan or guild and commit regular hours - which as I work shifts I can never do.

Can you just dip in an out at will - or is that bad etiquette?

Maybe I should post a separate thread.
Old 7th Jun 2011, 21:11   #137
lm_wfc
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemorton View Post
OK, slightly off topic (well very, actually) - but what's a good game to pop my multiplayer cherry on?

Long ago, I had this idea that I'd have to join a clan or guild and commit regular hours - which as I work shifts I can never do.

Yeah, most games you can just join and play on your own anyway, just dont join a server for hardcore clan gamers or something. have you really never played multilayer online.
Old 7th Jun 2011, 21:13   #138
3lusive
Ultramodder

Quote:

Seeing as you already have cod (I assume), try MP on that. And buy a headset so you can soundwhore the tits off your opponents. Go into a free for all an get used to it for a while, then get some mates to play with you on a regular basis.
Old 7th Jun 2011, 21:16   #139
mikemorton
Hypermodder

OK guys, thanks for your advice.

Come the weekend I will give it a go.
Old 7th Jun 2011, 21:24   #140
Pete J
RIP Kidmod

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
OK, slightly off topic (well very, actually) - but what's a good game to pop my multiplayer cherry on?Can you just dip in an out at will - or is that bad etiquette?
I'd probably give UT3 a bash first, or even Half Life 2 multiplayer.

Just don't try Counterstrike first - it'll put you off right away since the average player seems to have godlike reflexes. IMHO, COD can be very unforgiving to newbies as well.
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote