bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Tech Support

Old 27th Mar 2011, 13:33   #21
Margo Baggins
I'm good at Soldering

Margo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Autoruns is really good. Is a program made by sysinternals, who i believe where bought by microsoft?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963902.aspx

Autoruns is a bit like an advanced msconfig - in that it shows you all the services\drivers etc that happen on start up and allow you to stop services. This is good because it doesnt have any exceptions and shows everything - is usefull in stopping malware services for easier removal etc. - technicians at work definately using this one alot more now.

Sysinternals make alot of really good admin apps, all can be found here

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb842062

the process explorer app is good also and i use it alot at work.

Software always on my support stick:

-CCleaner
-Malwarebytes
-Super anti spyware
-Hijack this
-CWShredder (only because, 9 times out of 10 - if people have infected machines, cool web search will almost definately be among their problems!)
-Latest microsoft malicious software removal tool (usefull for getting rid of conficker.B etc - loads of people still have this virus and with the nature it spreads, i dont think its ever going to fully go away)
-rkill - really good script that is constantly updated. used to stop all known malware processes and allow easier removal of the programs.

combination of above can remove nearly all malicious threats. good resources for removal help is bleepingcomputer - loads of usefull info and there and helpful people - especially good for really hard to remove malware advise.

Ninite - really good resource for making custom zero input installation packages - speeds up setting up a computer for repair.

Get a Geek Box

i7 3820 4.3ghz - 8GB 2133mhz - GTX580 SOC

keyboards.
Margo Baggins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2011, 13:55   #22
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

RichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
inSSIDer 2.0 is useful when setting up wireless networks, to see what channels are already in use, strength etc.
RichCreedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2011, 07:14   #23
Techno-Dann
Disgruntled kumquat

Techno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the DremelTechno-Dann has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nomachine. Remote desktop for Linux boxes.
Techno-Dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2011, 08:08   #24
Sp!
Ultramodder

Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sp! is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Double Driver Alows you to back up (and restore) all the drivers on your system great for when you need to do a re install so you don't forget that random webcam driver that you'll never find the disk for, or spend ages fining the network card driver to get it to connect back up to the web to download all the other drivers from windows update.
Sp! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2011, 16:53   #25
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

RichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
just found norton power eraser

was quite good at cleaning up some weird hosts file redirect.
RichCreedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2011, 00:06   #26
tony007
Multimodder

tony007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
erunt

I like erunt, how many times does system restore let you down this works everytime. http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ just delete ntregopt if you dont want a registry checker.
tony007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2012, 06:25   #27
jaydeee
Modder

jaydeee has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
rKill, malwarebytes, avast and ccleaner are the main stay on my installer folder.
Nice to read and know what others are using.
Old 17th Dec 2012, 21:31   #28
Bitwacker
C# forever

Bitwacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
extremely usefull. What about nodepad++?
Old 28th Mar 2013, 19:05   #29
The_Assassin
What's a Dremel?

The_Assassin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
CoreTemp for me!
The_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote