bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 19th Mar 2012, 15:47   #141
Shurika
Multimodder

Shurika has yet to learn the way of the DremelShurika has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
epic project!!! 5 stars & subed! One question: I have not used Noiseblocker fans ever, are they realy very quiet?

sorry for my English
Shurika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2012, 16:00   #142
myrizzle
Multimodder

myrizzle has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Noiseblocker are the best fans out there, IMO atleast. And iv'e tried alot But theyre also pretty expensive..
myrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2012, 14:05   #143
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurika View Post
epic project!!! 5 stars & subed! One question: I have not used Noiseblocker fans ever, are they realy very quiet?

sorry for my English
Thanks Shurika. Well you have them in different speeds with different dBA.I think they are really silent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrizzle View Post
Noiseblocker are the best fans out there, IMO atleast. And iv'e tried alot But theyre also pretty expensive..
Indeed myrizzle.
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2012, 14:30   #144
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Update 9. 25-3-2012

Yesterday i find out i was totaly of with a measurement of the desk foot.Luckely it was simple to fix.Today i went back to the shop to work on the desk because i really wanted to test de columns.

First i drilled the holes for the columns into the desk body and the holes for the column covers.

Now its time to put it all together.First i mounted the feet for the desk foot.

Then it was time to mount the columns.

After that i mounted the body on to the columns.

Then i mounted the frame for the panels etc to the desk body.

Time to put the wires in place.

Time for testing and here is a small movie of the test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH9GD...ZqiyO8loyjo1k=

This was it for today and more to come.

Thanks to my sponsors :

Old 25th Mar 2012, 15:58   #145
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Your desk/mod is looking sweet. I do wonder though on a practical level how much you will actually use the ability to raise and lower the desk. It seems to me that you would tend to find a comfortable height and stick with that.
Old 25th Mar 2012, 16:35   #146
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

craig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysis
Altogether now that looks sweeeeeeet. Great proportions too.
Old 25th Mar 2012, 19:34   #147
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by voigts View Post
I do wonder though on a practical level how much you will actually use the ability to raise and lower the desk. It seems to me that you would tend to find a comfortable height and stick with that.
Party trick maybe Ive been wondering the same. Not that there have to be a practical reason for everything... Up and down might be good against repetitive strain injurys though

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2012, 20:08   #148
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm guessing there will be preset settings for the Wife & various munchkins.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2012, 20:14   #149
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Your desk/mod is looking sweet. I do wonder though on a practical level how much you will actually use the ability to raise and lower the desk. It seems to me that you would tend to find a comfortable height and stick with that.
I would guess it's main use will be to switch from sitting to standing position. I got this feature at work and my back loves it after several hours curled up on a chair.

And Paslis, this is a truly amazing project. Your metal work is truly amazing, Im pretty shure everyone here on this forum wish they could have your skill and acess to that workshop aswell.

Im really looking forward to see this one finished, but make shure it will take a long time because I want to have time to enjoy all the awesomeness.

Project: ProtoHype (paused)
Project: GET A LIFE (Complete)
Project: Widescreen Projector(Complete)
Guide: How to brush Aluminum
The_Gnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2012, 21:00   #150
Paslis
Supermodder

Quote:
Thanks voigts and my wife and 2 kids will use the desk also so i guess it will move more then i expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig - toyoracer View Post
Altogether now that looks sweeeeeeet. Great proportions too.
Thanks craig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Party trick maybe Ive been wondering the same. Not that there have to be a practical reason for everything... Up and down might be good against repetitive strain injurys though
Makes me think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
I'm guessing there will be preset settings for the Wife & various munchkins.
Makes me thinking again.I think i can use this desk for allot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gnu View Post
I would guess it's main use will be to switch from sitting to standing position. I got this feature at work and my back loves it after several hours curled up on a chair.

And Paslis, this is a truly amazing project. Your metal work is truly amazing, Im pretty shure everyone here on this forum wish they could have your skill and acess to that workshop aswell.

Im really looking forward to see this one finished, but make shure it will take a long time because I want to have time to enjoy all the awesomeness.
Your right about that Gnu.Here is a short movie with the same column and were you can use it for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61hPwaFKs1E

Thanks for the compliment and this project is long from finisht.
Old 25th Mar 2012, 21:25   #151
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looking good mate keep up the good work
Old 25th Mar 2012, 21:49   #152
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Damn you and your welding skills!

Oh, and the design is not half bad either!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2012, 00:18   #153
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I think you should massproduce theese ones at the factory ^^!
It looks great!
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2012, 00:54   #154
Karrek
Multimodder

Karrek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can definitely see the sitting and standing configurations. Also lowering it for children would be useful. Also, if you had a large monitor, it could become like an adjustable entertainment center - i.e. raise it for viewing from a nearby couch or bed.

Looks like a lot of fun - and thanks for the video...the visual is very helpful!
Karrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2012, 03:38   #155
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I hadn't thought of the convenience of being able to adjust it for your wife and kids. Hmm, then again, it may not be a good thing if it is so convenient as you may have to take a number to get to use your own desk!
Old 26th Mar 2012, 07:53   #156
thegyufi
Multimodder

thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
lol +1 voigts, I think you must use a pasword to control the acces

Amazing work by the way, I which I could use the same tools
thegyufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Mar 2012, 13:00   #157
Trevor28
Where is the cow?

Trevor28 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Trevor28 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Trevor28 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Trevor28 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Trevor28 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Trevor28 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Trevor28 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Trevor28 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Trevor28 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Trevor28 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Trevor28 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
This is fantastic. I look forward to seeing the finished build.
Old 26th Mar 2012, 19:35   #158
Paslis
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
looking good mate keep up the good work
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
Damn you and your welding skills!

Oh, and the design is not half bad either!
Thanks mate and no sanding this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
I think you should massproduce theese ones at the factory ^^!
It looks great!
Thanks for your compliment mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrek View Post
I can definitely see the sitting and standing configurations. Also lowering it for children would be useful. Also, if you had a large monitor, it could become like an adjustable entertainment center - i.e. raise it for viewing from a nearby couch or bed.

Looks like a lot of fun - and thanks for the video...the visual is very helpful!
Thanks Karrek and your right it has multiple use.

Quote:
I hadn't thought of the convenience of being able to adjust it for your wife and kids. Hmm, then again, it may not be a good thing if it is so convenient as you may have to take a number to get to use your own desk!
Well they hardly use my current desk so i think they will use this one not much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegyufi View Post
lol +1 voigts, I think you must use a pasword to control the acces

Amazing work by the way, I which I could use the same tools
Thanks thegyufi and there are desks now that can be programmed.You walk towards the desk and sit down and typ your name and the settings will adjust like you have enterd them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor28 View Post
This is fantastic. I look forward to seeing the finished build.
Thanks Trevor.
Old 27th Mar 2012, 11:08   #159
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2012, 11:20   #160
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
This thing is just crazy...Love it, can't wait to see it all finished.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode