bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 12th Apr 2012, 04:36   #21
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.
I picked up another PC Power & Cooling 600 Watt Modular PSU. This is the ssame model I used in my kids' Purple HAF and Project: Industrial Revolution.

Why?

It's 600 Watts, Modular, a reliable brand and has 42 Amps on the 12 Volt rail for beefy video cards

Unfortunately, I could only find 3 screws long enough to go through the mannequin and into the PSU

MountainMods U2-UFO with an Intel i7 5960x (8-Core), Asus X99 Deluxe, 32GB (4GB x 8) DDR4, 960GB Crucial M500, 240GB Sandisk Extreme, Corsair AX1500i 80 Titanium, Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti, a Corsair H80i and 15 Green LED Coolmax fans!
TheGreatSatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2012, 05:39   #22
Asouter
--------

Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.
Nutter, great project. not seen anything like that ...awesome

Current Project : BITZA
Asouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2012, 14:39   #23
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks. It creeps my wife out when she "something" standing there in the dark, even when she knows it's there
MountainMods U2-UFO with an Intel i7 5960x (8-Core), Asus X99 Deluxe, 32GB (4GB x 8) DDR4, 960GB Crucial M500, 240GB Sandisk Extreme, Corsair AX1500i 80 Titanium, Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti, a Corsair H80i and 15 Green LED Coolmax fans!
Old 12th Apr 2012, 16:46   #24
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

I decided to add at least one intake fan to the mannequin

This is the mesh panel from an Antec 300

That I just needed to cut to fit the fan

Like so. Except, I'm just not at all happy with the fan as it is. I'm going to look into a more red fan with a higher CFM

Old 12th Apr 2012, 17:31   #25
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
Like all my mods as of late, this will be on display at the store where I work
No good. The parking lot security will want assault rifles too.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2012, 21:35   #26
Samrobmoe
Minimodder

Samrobmoe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice to see the NCR ranger armor getting some love, only hope you'll play New Vegas on it sometime
Samrobmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 06:31   #27
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

I went with a 120mm Enermax Vegas fan instead, which looks far better than the first one I used

Old 15th Apr 2012, 18:29   #28
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

I finally got around to giving him an elbow

In order to give him a useable hand or at least one that will be able to hold his weapon, I'll have to cut his actual hand off

His new hand will consist of a bottom rubber layer

And a normal glove

First I filled the glove and fingers with expanding foam

And what's left of his hand

Then put it all together

To finish, I just had to wrap his fingers around the rifle handle. In a few hours, it will dry that way. Later, I will slide his whole arm up his sleeve to make the shoulder connection

Old 19th Apr 2012, 21:09   #29
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

I hadn't needed a heat gun until now. I set plexi on top of the stomach I cut out in the beginning and melted it to match

And slid it into place

It's still not perfect though

Soon I'll cut the costume to fit around the window, PSU and fans

Old 29th Apr 2012, 21:26   #30
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

I painted the inside all black

And I got another ugly cheap case

Because I need this

I just had to make another cut so it would fit

Then it just needed to be painted black too

Old 1st May 2012, 06:58   #31
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

Here's my processor

And motherboard

New Heatsink too

A Better 120mm fan

Time to put it in

First I mount the SSD behind the motherboard

I really wanted to use my spare GTX 560 Ti, but I can't get it to work right, so I'll be using this GTX 460 instead

Once the parts are in I discover that my rear panel gets in the way of the video card, not letting it stay seated in the board

I still have to cut the glass to make it fit right

It all seems to be working now

I just have to figure out how to keep it all seated once it's done

Old 2nd May 2012, 03:10   #32
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

I tested my GTX 560 Ti in a test system and it works fine. I wonder if it's the 600 Watt PSU, which should be more than enough, in my mannequin or maybe the card doesn't like Asrock boards?

I cut the side a little more so that the mannequins skin is pushing the card down into place. It seems a bit more sturdy this way. I also added a 60mm intake fan here too. It moves a lot more air than you'd think, but it's louder than I'd prefer.

I figure that once it's all complete and standing at Micro Center with all the music and customers, you really won't hear it anyway

I think that's about it. I just need a cathode inside and that's it. Time to finish the costume

Old 3rd May 2012, 14:02   #33
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

I'm using addhesive velcro to hold the clothing to the body

And then started cutting away the excess fabric around the fans and components

He's too heavy now and no longer say standing using his base. I have a chair at his knees keeping him upright at the moment. I'll either have to add more below his base pushing him back or strap him to something that's already upright, like a pillar...

Old 4th May 2012, 00:09   #34
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

I put his duty belt back on

And then I sewed his arm in an upright position, but there's a problem. The rifle I painted is just one more heavy thing making him fall over. I figured since he was already wearing a pistol holster maybe he should have a pistol too

But it needs some paint

Now to install Windows

And Fallout New Vegas

Old 10th May 2012, 05:32   #35
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

So, getting him to stand on his own has been real frustrating. I tried using the stand it came with and that didn't help at all. I then weighed it down and still nothing. I then replaced it with a weight, but then it just fell and dragged the weight behind it. I realized that no matter what I try he will not stand on his own and I needed to take away his ability all together and rely on something else.

I bought this heavy weight (Over 40lbs) umbrella stand.

And these steel poles that go together

I then needed to permanently bolt one to his body

I drilled the hole and reached up inside him where I added the washer and nut

I then combined both poles with a bolt and nut

Now he actually floats about 5 cm from the base and seems stable. Now we wait to see if he ever falls over

Old 10th May 2012, 07:51   #36
echo three
Multimodder

echo three has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Crazy, crazy but with a hint of awesome,
echo three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 21:24   #37
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

It's going to be EPIC when it's standing at my store and people are stopping to take pictures with it.
Old 10th May 2012, 21:36   #38
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I was skeptic when I saw female doll,but now looks really cool. Well done.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 21:49   #39
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.
Generally i dont like pc equipment thats installed into toys or models, however this i really like, well done, looks pretty intimidating.
PabloFunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 23:39   #40
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

To my kids too. They're scared of it

View Mode