bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 13th Apr 2012, 15:04   #8621
Bobman
Modder

Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
Add me, I'll happily help

And you
I'll happily join in on some co-op action too if I'm on, although haven't got any experience of it as yet.
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 15:07   #8622
Bobman
Modder

Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bobman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telltale Boy View Post

I need me a wingman.
That vid makes me want to be a flyboy too - they seem so hard to control well with the mouse though. I guess some have joystick or pad for their aerial work?
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 17:35   #8623
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
Add me, I'll happily help

And you
Will do.

Been tearing my hair out today, I've ended up on numptee teams - either trying as hard as they can to be cannon fodder in the aircraft or just running straight into bullets. No team work whatsoever.

250Gb Samsung 840 // 650W Be Quiet Dark Power Pro // Lian Li V351b Apache Filled // Samsung T220 22" // W7 64
adidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 18:13   #8624
Mr Happy
4 8 15 16 23 42

Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.
Loving my engineer class, just done 50hours as support and now looking at doing my 50hours engineer

Oh the fun

ORIGIN DIR7Y-H4RRY
Mr Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 19:10   #8625
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I still don't have a PC good enough to play BF3
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 19:54   #8626
Mr Happy
4 8 15 16 23 42

Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.Mr Happy is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post

I feel for you mate

ORIGIN DIR7Y-H4RRY
Old 13th Apr 2012, 20:02   #8627
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The 8800 GT is capable of many a miracle, but BF3 is a step too far
Old 13th Apr 2012, 20:12   #8628
Mr Happy
4 8 15 16 23 42

The 4870 does the job for me if your on a budget, Old card though

ORIGIN DIR7Y-H4RRY
Old 13th Apr 2012, 20:37   #8629
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telltale Boy View Post
Tag-team Jet video
I had that attempted on me last week repeatedly (as mentioned in previous posts). The biggest shortcoming is that anyone with IR smoke will wait for the launch tone of a missiles, then launch smoke and move their vehicle to avoid the blast. Moving may increase the risk of being hit, but it also means you can get a bead on the jets much faster and can knock them out of the sky or at least hurt them enough to make them think twice about doing it again. This was with AAA by the way.

The guys who were doing that to me had spent about 5 rounds flying as a dogfighting pair, so they stuck to each other like glue. They just gave up trying after they only succeeded in getting me once out of about 10-15 runs and even then, it was with the assistance of the Havoc chopper as well. It is an effective method though and it's good to see pilots actually being productive, not just flittering about worried about their KDR and points, but actively seeking ground units too.
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 21:00   #8630
Mankz
________

That jet video was something else

Every vid I see just confirms that post/pre patch, team work is key.
Old 13th Apr 2012, 22:45   #8631
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wuyanxu is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
sorry Dom the teams were very unbalanced when you joined. netted me some nice sniper kills on that server though
Old 14th Apr 2012, 04:09   #8632
MrDomRocks
All Men Must Die.

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu View Post
sorry Dom the teams were very unbalanced when you joined. netted me some nice sniper kills on that server though
Wyx it's cool. Wasn't the unbalanced thing that annoyed me was the complete retardation of my team mates. Got me some C4 kills though before I left. Oh and killed the guys in that back ally shooting into the room behind the bus at spawn.

After that I didn't play again wasn't in the mood. I will be online on Sunday if anyone is up for playing. Been quiet all week CPC wise. Had to resort to playing with Aria guys. Though some fun rounds Wednesday/Thursday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
At least you'll have moisturised gums!
MrDomRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2012, 13:39   #8633
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.adidan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Not sure what happened earlier on.

2 different rounds of Firestorm froze and BF3 crashed. Then on a round of GB I was killed and the menu screen came up but I was then revived so I was alive but with the menu screen overlaid and only that was responding...
250Gb Samsung 840 // 650W Be Quiet Dark Power Pro // Lian Li V351b Apache Filled // Samsung T220 22" // W7 64
Old 14th Apr 2012, 14:56   #8634
BlackRaven
Freaking printers!

BlackRaven has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The revive thing is a common bug. Happens to me all the time
BlackRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2012, 15:29   #8635
adidan
CPC_refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
The revive thing is a common bug. Happens to me all the time
Ah right, not been on GB for a loooong time.
Old 14th Apr 2012, 20:56   #8636
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
I feel ya! My AMD x3 450 is and 4870 are crying sweaty tears of defeat but I can play on low settings and it still looks good.

Wtb money.

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2012, 22:15   #8637
Mr Happy
4 8 15 16 23 42

Sometimes no matter where you spawn you always seem to get shot in the face

ORIGIN DIR7Y-H4RRY
Old 15th Apr 2012, 00:59   #8638
Dae314
Hypermodder

Dae314 should be considered for presidentDae314 should be considered for presidentDae314 should be considered for presidentDae314 should be considered for presidentDae314 should be considered for presidentDae314 should be considered for presidentDae314 should be considered for presidentDae314 should be considered for presidentDae314 should be considered for presidentDae314 should be considered for presidentDae314 should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Happy View Post
Sometimes no matter where you spawn you always seem to get shot in the face
You didn't know that your helmet was equipped with bullet attracting magnets that have a range of 800m?
Old 15th Apr 2012, 10:18   #8639
adidan
CPC_refugee

Can different servers change the effectiveness of jet guns?

On some servers I can take down, and get taken down, in a few bursts and yet on the same map on another server it seems to take forever both ways.
Old 15th Apr 2012, 12:47   #8640
Telltale Boy
Designated CPC Jetwhore

Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
That vid makes me want to be a flyboy too - they seem so hard to control well with the mouse though. I guess some have joystick or pad for their aerial work?
Nope, I use keyboard and mouse and so do most of the best dogfighters. The real game changer is setting "Pitch Up" to spacebar. This lets you make easy turns and keep them going indefinitely which is just impossible with the mouse. You can then just use the mouse for fine adjustments and changing the direction of your turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidan View Post
Can different servers change the effectiveness of jet guns?

On some servers I can take down, and get taken down, in a few bursts and yet on the same map on another server it seems to take forever both ways.
I doubt it, but it could be true. I know the feeling when sometimes you manage to kill much more quickly than others though. Really I think it's just down to how many shots you actually get on target. With the high RPM of the cannon and hitmarkers it's pretty much impossible to tell whether you're getting all your shots on target or just say half. For example when I'm chasing a guy and he's weaving around it can seem like I'm getting a lot of hitmarkers but still take a lot of bursting to kill. On the other hand when I'm shooting a guy from a close distance and we're both turning (so he's a much bigger object to aim at) I can usually kill the other jet in around one burst because I know all my shots are landing on target.

Tags
battlefield 3, bf3