bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 11th Apr 2012, 19:27   #141
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Why change the name though? Change for change's sake?

However, glad it's got the third season good to go. I just hope they actually make it the entire way through without being cancelled!
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2012, 19:44   #142
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
From what I've read, the producers where worried that Asha and Arya sounded too alike, and could lead to confusion...
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
GreatOldOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2012, 14:18   #143
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cei View Post
Why change the name though? Change for change's sake?

However, glad it's got the third season good to go. I just hope they actually make it the entire way through without being cancelled!
It's ok it's on HBO, not Fox. They only cancel shows when they're finished creatively as they don't really count on ratings (due to being in a ridiculously small proportion of US households iirc).
Old 14th Apr 2012, 15:01   #144
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Cei is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatOldOne View Post
From what I've read, the producers where worried that Asha and Arya sounded too alike, and could lead to confusion...
Actually, just read it's due to Asha/Osha (the wildling captured near Winterfell when they attacked Bran). Still, wish they didn't feel the need to dumb down!
Old 14th Apr 2012, 20:16   #145
mucgoo
I *am* a Dremel

mucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by October View Post
It's ok it's on HBO, not Fox. They only cancel shows when they're finished creatively as they don't really count on ratings (due to being in a ridiculously small proportion of US households iirc).
Rome and Deadwood?
mucgoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2012, 22:11   #146
Scirocco
Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I guess it is heartening that the next season being produced was decided within just a few days of the prior season's premiere. I just hope George R. R. writes a sixth novel and ties up loose story ends for a good ending. There's no doubt I would buy (and watch) if he goes further than a sixth novel.

The program is gritty, rough, violent and full of taboo story arcs, but isn't that life, especially in a fantasy world such as Westeros?

Last edited by Scirocco; 14th Apr 2012 at 22:30. Reason: Added video link.
Scirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2012, 13:16   #147
Cei
pew pew pew

I think we'll be waiting a long while for the new book, GRR is incredibly slow... However, that said, the TV show may actually give him an impetus to get a wiggle on this time round. I'm expecting it to be another two-parter as well.
Old 16th Apr 2012, 04:33   #148
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cei View Post
I think we'll be waiting a long while for the new book, GRR is incredibly slow... However, that said, the TV show may actually give him an impetus to get a wiggle on this time round. I'm expecting it to be another two-parter as well.
Well at a season a year he has got a few years to write it still.
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2012, 17:12   #149
Kylevdm
The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Kylevdm is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Just watched episode 3 and I have to admit I am not as fond of this season as I was with the last... they are starting to steer away from the books to make it more interesting on TV
Core i7 920 D0 :: Asus P6T Deluxe v2 :: 6GB Crucial BalistiX :: Asus GTX 570 :: ENERMAX Platimax 850W :: OCZ Agility 3 120GB :: 4x Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB
Kylevdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2012, 17:37   #150
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
I think that was kind of inevitable really - book two is just an interstitial book, setting the scene and getting people in place for the later books. Not a lot goes on in the first 2/3 of book 2, all the main action is in the last third - which probably doesn't make for compelling TV viewing.
Old 16th Apr 2012, 17:38   #151
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccxo View Post
Well at a season a year he has got a few years to write it still.
From what I've read Season 3 is where they're gonna break away from that slightly, there's too much in book 3 for one season apparently...

Must say episodes 1 & 2 haven't gripped me like the start of season 1 did. Maybe just because it isn't new any more...I think I miss Winterfell though.
Old 16th Apr 2012, 18:53   #152
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
From what I've read Season 3 is where they're gonna break away from that slightly, there's too much in book 3 for one season apparently...

Must say episodes 1 & 2 haven't gripped me like the start of season 1 did. Maybe just because it isn't new any more...I think I miss Winterfell though.
I have enjoyed the show so far up to episode 3, though the lack of things happening may cause a drop in viewing numbers etc.
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 07:23   #153
Scirocco
Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Scirocco - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Introduction of new characters, etc. can be a little boring. It really is setting the scenes for what's to come up shortly. Battles, death, blood and more battles. Oh and growing dragons. ;P
Old 17th Apr 2012, 13:38   #154
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Brienne cheesecake!

Seriously - perfect casting. She's obviously a woman, but not a PYT. Yes, she is that tall in real life.

Is it me, or has Summer not grown as large as Ghost or Grey Wind?

The scene with Tyrion feretting out who could be trusted was excellently done. And when the drag Pycell off, and he pays the Whore off? Priceless.
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
GreatOldOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 16:07   #155
October
Mariachi Style

Agreed, Tyrion's easily the best thing about the show. I know there's plenty of good stuff coming, I just was hoping for a bit more from the start. I havn't read the books so all I know is based on the few days I spent on set.
Old 17th Apr 2012, 17:04   #156
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
so all I know is based on the few days I spent on set.
...and you expect to leave a statement like that just hanging without any further elaboration...?
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 22:56   #157
mucgoo
I *am* a Dremel

mucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for presidentmucgoo should be considered for president
Do not watch episode four while eating.
mucgoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2012, 00:55   #158
Canon
Reformed

Canon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for presidentCanon should be considered for president
Quote:
Agreed, Tyrion's easily the best thing about the show. I know there's plenty of good stuff coming, I just was hoping for a bit more from the start. I havn't read the books so all I know is based on the few days I spent on set.
Extra? AD? Effects?
Old 24th Apr 2012, 09:36   #159
johnnyboy700
Ultramodder

johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.
Haven't read the books yet so I don't know the answer to this yet, but what on earth did she give birth to?!!

Pretty sure I would rather find out by watching the show so I'll hang off reading the books to catch up.
johnnyboy700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2012, 09:41   #160
Cei
pew pew pew

Wow, episode 4 was a total let down. How many deviations from the books can they do, whilst fitting in new unnecessary material?

1. We know Joff is an evil ass, no need to beat it in to us with whore thrashing.
2. Jayne Westerling is not from Volantis, or a healer. Or in fact anything they showed.
3. Arya becomes Roose Bolton's cupbearer, not Tywin's. In fact those two are never at Harrenhal at the same time.
4. Davos takes Melisandre in a boat after the killing of Renly. Renly's death is supposed to be mysterious, that's the whole point. Instead, HBO explain it by mashing a later bit of story in.
5. What was that scene with Daenarys outside Quarth? Terrible, that's what.

I am disappoint. After the first season staying faithful within reason, season 2 is just getting worse and worse.

Tags
say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode