bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Tech Support

Old 24th Apr 2012, 09:42   #1
eVoPhantom
Multimodder

eVoPhantom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Pink screen of death?

Hi all,

I have occasionally had a problem with the screen turning pink and fuzzy (like old TV snowy interference). This has also co-incided with the pc freezing and only working after a good old fashioned reset. The most recent time this happened it actually returned to normal and begun functioning after probably 3-5 seconds on freezing and turning pink..... Any ideas?

Specs are as follows
P67 Sabretooth
i5 2500k (OC'd)
8GB Corsair ram(2x 4gb sticks 1600)
1GB MSI GTX 560ti (not overclocked over the factory based OC)
600 Watt corsair PSU

Thanks

EDIT: should also add win 7 64bit

Last edited by eVoPhantom; 24th Apr 2012 at 09:49.
eVoPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2012, 09:49   #2
Nealieboyee
Packaging Master!

Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.
Sounds like a gpu issue. Have you stress tested it with Furmark?
Old 24th Apr 2012, 10:36   #3
eVoPhantom
Multimodder

That was my first thought as well, but it seems to happen only when doing non intensive work. It has happened several times when only browsing the web, having not done anything heavy immediatly prior.

I have tested with heaven recently for a reasonable period of time with no problem but I shall also test furmark later when I get in.
Old 24th Apr 2012, 10:44   #4
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

RichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
have you checked the cable from pc to screen? try wiggling near the plugs
Old 24th Apr 2012, 12:44   #5
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Web browsers of today, uses your GPU.. Windows desktop (Aero) uses the GPU as well.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2012, 13:56   #6
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCreedy View Post
have you checked the cable from pc to screen? try wiggling near the plugs
Would have been my first suggestion, but it would surprise me if that caused the computer to lock up.

What driver are you using for the graphics card? Have a peep in here.

If you have a spare GPU to test with I would suggest that in the first instance, although because the problem is intermittent it will be difficult to replicate. Anything in event viewer that might give a clue?

Last edited by Shirty; 24th Apr 2012 at 14:01.
Shirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2012, 14:24   #7
eVoPhantom
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirty View Post
Would have been my first suggestion, but it would surprise me if that caused the computer to lock up.

What driver are you using for the graphics card? Have a peep in here.

If you have a spare GPU to test with I would suggest that in the first instance, although because the problem is intermittent it will be difficult to replicate. Anything in event viewer that might give a clue?
Thanks for the link, I had been having the problems with black screen and the error message relating to drivers. I rectified that with a clean install of the drivers (not sure which version will check when home). I have not had the black screen error for a good few months so wrote that off as a solved issue. However I have had the pink screen 3 maybe 4 times this year, so not a regular issue but an annoying one.
Old 24th Apr 2012, 14:28   #8
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Definitely worth trying the roll-back/beta route to see if it helps.
Old 1st May 2012, 02:37   #9
TraumaticHug
Multimodder

TraumaticHug has yet to learn the way of the DremelTraumaticHug has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hey, I have the same issue and the same card, but quickly found this possible solution.

It seems that nvidia's 290 drivers don't like the 560 ti. I'm trying the 301.24 Beta drivers.. ..seem okay so far.