bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > Scan Computers

Old 24th Apr 2012, 09:57   #1
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Leaking Compression fittings

Hi there Scan guys.

I recently purchased 4x 90Degree Compression fittings from you (LN29370, invoice no. 00E1831940). However upon testing them, I've found that every single one leaks to some degree. The joint that allows the fitting to spin seems to be at fault, as that is where the water leaks from and also appears very loose upon inspection. I'm sure you guys don't manufacture them, but these are sold under the 'Scan' name which is a bit of a shame.

Anything you can do for me?

All the best,

Tom

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2012, 19:13   #2
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.
Ive typically had trouble with 45s leaking, especially the bitspower ones, which every single one leaked.
Are you finding it is leaking with any slight sideways pressure?

The ones i eventually found that didnt leak were the Feser ones, which are the only ones i like to use now.

Its fine to make fittings shiny, but a polished turd is still a turd.

I think its just hard to get good 45s?, dunno just my experience also.

Hope you get it sorted, it would be nice to know which leak and which dont, as its hard to id where the fittings are made each time.
PabloFunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Apr 2012, 10:11   #3
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Just to let everyone know.

Scan sorted out a refund for me without delay. More great customer service from Scan.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

Old 30th Apr 2012, 10:13   #4
Parge
ITX FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloFunky View Post
Ive typically had trouble with 45s leaking, especially the bitspower ones, which every single one leaked.
Are you finding it is leaking with any slight sideways pressure?

The ones i eventually found that didnt leak were the Feser ones, which are the only ones i like to use now.

Its fine to make fittings shiny, but a polished turd is still a turd.

I think its just hard to get good 45s?, dunno just my experience also.

Hope you get it sorted, it would be nice to know which leak and which dont, as its hard to id where the fittings are made each time.
At the moment I'm using EK ones - some of them leak. I find the only way to stop 45's leaking is to place pressure on them from the front using tubing slightly too large for the gap. Absolutely pathetic really. I've not used Bitspower ones, but given their price, I'd be absolutely up in arms if they leaked.

Where did you get the Feser ones? I need to pick up some more.

Old 30th Apr 2012, 17:35   #5
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
At the moment I'm using EK ones - some of them leak. I find the only way to stop 45's leaking is to place pressure on them from the front using tubing slightly too large for the gap. Absolutely pathetic really. I've not used Bitspower ones, but given their price, I'd be absolutely up in arms if they leaked.

Where did you get the Feser ones? I need to pick up some more.

I believe the second gen Bitspowers are fine. I got a dozen of the first gen ones and only a couple leaked. Got them second hand for very cheap though..
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Asus 780 Posiedon Platinium, 512GB Crucial Mx1000, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote