bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 24th Apr 2012, 02:37   #1
CrapBag
I Mod, Therefore I Own

CrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Anyone used these fans?

I'm thinking of putting a couple of 140mm fans in the front of my CM 690II and as much as I would like some air penetrators or similar I don't have that sort of money at the moment (gonna sell something just to get the 10 I'd need for two of these).

The fans in question

I'm getting slightly better cooling than my old case and it's virtually silent even though it presently has 8 fans in it but I'd still like to have 2 blue led 140mm's in the front for effect and a little extra airflow.

So anybody used them?
CrapBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2012, 03:12   #2
zulu9812
Multimodder

zulu9812 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelzulu9812 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The CM 690-II will only take only 1x 140mm fan in the front.
zulu9812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2012, 03:17   #3
stulid
BitFenix community rep.

stulid is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstulid is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstulid is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstulid is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstulid is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstulid is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstulid is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstulid is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstulid is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstulid is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstulid is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu9812 View Post
The CM 690-II will only take only 1x 140mm fan in the front.

There are two versions of the case (advanced and basic)

• The Advanced has a 140mm included in the front.
• The Basic has a 120mm included

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6638
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6649
stulid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2012, 03:23   #4
CrapBag
I Mod, Therefore I Own

CrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Crap I thought I saw fittngs for 2 x 140mm, it will take 2 120mm though won't it?

I have the basic/lite and ines does indeed have a single 120mm.

Edit...just read bit techs review and you can only fit 2 x 80mm in the front (no thanks).

Question still stands though has anyone used the fans I linked to.
CrapBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2012, 09:02   #5
TobletDanillio
Supermodder

TobletDanillio is definitely a rep cheat.TobletDanillio is definitely a rep cheat.TobletDanillio is definitely a rep cheat.TobletDanillio is definitely a rep cheat.TobletDanillio is definitely a rep cheat.TobletDanillio is definitely a rep cheat.TobletDanillio is definitely a rep cheat.TobletDanillio is definitely a rep cheat.TobletDanillio is definitely a rep cheat.TobletDanillio is definitely a rep cheat.TobletDanillio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag View Post
Crap I thought I saw fittngs for 2 x 140mm, it will take 2 120mm though won't it?

Edit...just read bit techs review and you can only fit 2 x 80mm in the front (no thanks).

no but I have been told the 200mm version is good
Xigmatek ELYSIUM | I7 2600K | Be Quite Dark Rock Pro | Asus P8P67 Pro | G-Skill RipjawsX 8GB 1600 MHz | MSI 560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC | Samsung 830 256GB | Samsung F3 1Tb | Seagate Barracuda 2TB
TobletDanillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2012, 01:44   #6
zulu9812
Multimodder

zulu9812 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelzulu9812 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrapBag View Post

You could put a 120mm fan in the front and a 120mm fan in the bottom, both as intake.
zulu9812 is offline   Reply With Quote