bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 25th Apr 2012, 01:47   #521
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Bump. Fell off of first page again. This being completed or what? So much love and and so many people.

john
Old 25th Apr 2012, 04:30   #522
DarthBeavis
Supermodder

DarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
Bump. Fell off of first page again. This being completed or what? So much love and and so many people.

john
Fittings shipped a couple days ago so that and the coolant and we are ready to rip it out
Old 25th Apr 2012, 10:06   #523
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Ugh package waiting holds every modder up sadly, it'll warm back up in here though.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2012, 10:08   #524
KayinBlack
Terminal is a state of mind

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
I know what that's like. I'm in the holding pattern here myself. It'll move, but you got to wait till you have all you need to move.
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2012, 17:26   #525
Fisher.
partially impartial

Fisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run CrysisFisher. can run Crysis
Well, I guess I will have to spice things up with a donation!

The first of many, depending on what else gets sold, but I thought a couple medium-sized donations over time would help you more than one big one a month or two from now

John, I will PM you the details.
Old 25th Apr 2012, 18:57   #526
DarthBeavis
Supermodder

DarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run CrysisDarthBeavis can run Crysis
OK here is the plan (hope you all agree): I plan to start the e-bay auction on Friday May 11th but will of course have pix up before that so we can all publicize it. I will have the build at the Geektopia LAN party the weekend of the start of the auction. How long should we run it in e-bay?
Old 25th Apr 2012, 22:45   #527
yougotkicked
A.K.A. YGKtech

yougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think the auction length should depend on how long beforehand the system is finished. the level of publicity we can give the project once completed will be much higher than before, so if the rig is finished 3 days before posting it on eBay we would want a longer auction to give more time for advertising.

If possible we should try and get some coverage in customPC (if not other magazines as well), I imagine they would like the idea, considering how well this reflects on the community here.
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 1GB ::::: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
128GB Intel SSD :::: 2x WD 1TB drives in RAID 1
yougotkicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 16:18   #528
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
OK here is the plan (hope you all agree): I plan to start the e-bay auction on Friday May 11th but will of course have pix up before that so we can all publicize it. I will have the build at the Geektopia LAN party the weekend of the start of the auction. How long should we run it in e-bay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotkicked View Post
I think the auction length should depend on how long beforehand the system is finished. the level of publicity we can give the project once completed will be much higher than before, so if the rig is finished 3 days before posting it on eBay we would want a longer auction to give more time for advertising.

If possible we should try and get some coverage in customPC (if not other magazines as well), I imagine they would like the idea, considering how well this reflects on the community here.
I don't know how long the 'traditional' e-bay auction runs but I agree that some pics before auction will definitely help.

Also I think the lead time for any magazine article is longer than we are looking at here.

Maybe we can con a front page splash out of Bit-Tech for those who might not read the project logs forum?

My $0.02USD

john
Old 26th Apr 2012, 16:43   #529
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Maybe we can con a front page splash out of Bit-Tech for those who might not read the project logs forum?

My $0.02USD

john
Exactly what I was thinking but didn't get around to saying, it's not conning it, highlighting an awesome cause for an awesome member of the modding community, I think bit-tech should be happy for having such a positive article on the front page really, hope they will be up for that fingers crossed.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 21:35   #530
DarthBeavis
Supermodder

I want to ask Overclock.net and HardOCP to feature it as well.
Old 26th Apr 2012, 23:35   #531
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

I will ask TBCS if I can get on. It's been flaky for 2 days and I can't connect..

John
Old 26th Apr 2012, 23:54   #532
KayinBlack
Terminal is a state of mind

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
I'll be glad to type it up for TBCS. Remember, I work there.

When you're ready to put it up, let me know and I'll make sure it's done right.
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2012, 03:22   #533
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

Something from Darthbevis needed. Where we at now? This is great idea and a great mod.

john
Old 27th Apr 2012, 03:57   #534
DarthBeavis
Supermodder

Quote:
Something from Darthbevis needed. Where we at now? This is great idea and a great mod.

john
I am finishing the bracket to attach the reservoir, I have the coolant and fittings and am going full tilt tomorrow. This thing will be done in a few days I think
Old 27th Apr 2012, 20:12   #535
DarthBeavis
Supermodder

we have a problem . . .the ram Patriot sent is not compatible with the mobo

http://patriotmemory.com/products/de...id=1149&type=1

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3815#sp

Last edited by DarthBeavis; 27th Apr 2012 at 20:17.
DarthBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2012, 20:40   #536
E.E.L. Ambiense
Acrylic Heretic

E.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run CrysisE.E.L. Ambiense can run Crysis
Darth, there's no way to install one of the sticks, POST it and get into BIOS to change voltage settings? If not, that blows!
LilyPC V.2 - completed! • BIO-A10 - MotM Jul. '12 Nominee Loser! • "Movie Sign!" - in progress • CheckMate - MotM May '09 Nominee Loser! • BluBawx I - MotY '09 Nominee Loser! • Lumi่re Noire - MotM Apr. '08 Nominee Loser! • NOTalis w/ MNPCTech • "Building Better Worlds" - MotM Feb. '08 Nominee Loser!
E.E.L. Ambiense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2012, 20:49   #537
DarthBeavis
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.E.L. Ambiense View Post
Darth, there's no way to install one of the sticks, POST it and get into BIOS to change voltage settings? If not, that blows!
lol did that at the start. I custom set all the voltage and timings when it would not boot, told it to use XMP even - profile comes up correct but more than 1 stick of ANY ram I have an no worry for that matter. thinking diff mobo
Old 27th Apr 2012, 21:41   #538
DarthBeavis
Supermodder

looks like two bad ram slots . . . gonna grab another mobo
Old 27th Apr 2012, 23:32   #539
DarthBeavis
Supermodder

Irene at Gigabyte is so awesome . . she replied within half an hour to my email and is sending us another board!
Old 27th Apr 2012, 23:36   #540
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

Very quick response and awesome news.

john

Tags
define r3, fractal-design window, hexagonads, internals, jhanlon303, mnpctech case mod, patriotic case mod, support jhanlon303, throws panties in

View Mode