bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 26th Apr 2012, 15:24   #41
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
Twins! The gift that keeps on giving
Im a twin

Two of everything!

Goodbye wallet
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 15:30   #42
WarrenJ
Mod Master

WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Probaly my Soundblaster Arena headset.

Gaming and Music with no distractions or noisy neighbours = bliss.
WarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 15:46   #43
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Cheers. It's in Bromley, so 15 min south from Victoria.
And about a 15min bus ride from where I live. Niiiice kitchen btw!

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 15:46   #44
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
My saab 900 2L turbo for 343.33. 3rd gear rocket, blink at 60-110mph, should come with a sonic boom.

My IBM Thinkpad X61 tablet with 120GB SSD, pure joy with Ubuntu. Updated flash today and 720p youtube vids give smooth playback which has made me very happy as i had stuttering before.

I love my kindle as it's allowed me to start reading more these days, but its not rated as my best purchase, same goes for the HP microserver N36L, great price but not used as much as i had expected.
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 20:16   #45
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
My Galaxy Nexus. I'd been holding off on getting a smartphone for awhile because they seemed just not quite capable of what I wanted. This phone checked all the boxes. It's hardware is fairly powerful, 4G provides great mobile internet access, and the sheer size of thing is awesome. Smaller phones always seem to lack the screen real estate I'd like and anything larger would be uncomfortable because it's pushing the upper limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenJ View Post
Probaly my Soundblaster Arena headset.

Gaming and Music with no distractions or noisy neighbours = bliss.
Hugely underrated headset. I'm a big fan of mine.
Old 26th Apr 2012, 20:55   #46
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
probably the bottle of jose quervo that night I met my "partner" lol

I don't think I'd have had the courage to ask her out without that little mexican inside me yelling you can do it! I used to find really smart girls intimidating- and in the midst of gay men doing cartwheels, went out a few times and she liked my jokes! years later.. now she knows I'm an idiot but doesn't care

also she knows she won't catch me down at the gay strip bar getting hemmroids
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 20:56   #47
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Also, a Bit Tech gold account. It makes me unbannable.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 21:34   #48
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippoz View Post
without that little mexican inside me
Thehippoz I'm shocked, I thought you were staunchly homophobic XD

In response to this.
Old 28th Apr 2012, 07:04   #49
richythomas
Multimodder

richythomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrichythomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrichythomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrichythomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrichythomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrichythomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
In order of occurence...

Amiga 1200 that I upgraded to from The Amiga 600. With it I taught myself programming (C) and had my first foray onto the Internet way back in the mid nineties.

Technically not a purchase but a lot of hard work... My Private Pilots Licence. With it I've had so much fun and several hundreds worth of hours of airbourne experiences that I'll cherish forever and now hold an FAA CPL/IR on Single and Multi Engine "Airplanes".

Following on from this after two months of learning to drive I took delivery of my first car (I was 26) which was a Renault Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique that I have now given to my sister as she really needed to replace her older Fiesta. But since getting my first motor I've put a couple of stone on due to lack of running for buses that I always seemed to be doing previously.

Then yes I'm going to own up and say I bought a PC from PC World. A Packard Bell Pentium Dual Core 920D (iirc) with 2GB and a Radeon X600 running Win XP 64-bit Media Player edition. Quite a decent spec when I bought it (except GFX) and had many hours playing around with Visual Studio on it. But why have I included it here? Well one evening I switched it on to look at something on the internet for five minutes but got pulled into an aviation related forum by an air traffic friend. Fast forward 6 years, the lady I got talking to within the forum (PPRUNE chat) who happened to be a friend of the person who pulled me into the forum that fateful night, is now my wife and we're happily living in Scotland. :-). Just to think I wasn't even going to go online that night!!!!
CPU: Intel i5 3570K Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance 1,600MHz MB: ASUS Maximus V Gene GFX: ASUS GTX 670 2GB DirectCU II SSD: 2 x 256GB Crucial M4 HDD: 2TB WD Green Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX760 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro
richythomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 11:59   #50
digitaldunc
I'm d-d-d-d-digital

digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.digitaldunc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richythomas View Post
Technically not a purchase but a lot of hard work... My Private Pilots Licence. With it I've had so much fun and several hundreds worth of hours of airbourne experiences that I'll cherish forever and now hold an FAA CPL/IR on Single and Multi Engine "Airplanes".
You fly at Strathallan by any chance? It's just up the road from me.

Best purchase? Probably this machine. Loads of performance, it rocks -- I could probably clock it much higher than this as well but I don't need the power. Needs tidying up and a few tweaks, though.

That or my first PC, largely responsible for all the knowledge I have now.
Event-horizon: i7 2600K @ 4.5 @ ~1.3v | 16Gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1866 9-10-9-24-2T | 2 x 580 1.5Gb (SLI) 772/1002 | Asus P8P67 Deluxe | Crucial M4 256Gb | Spinpoint F3 1TB | Corsair HX1000 | ZM-MFC1 Fan controller | XSPC Dual res | 2 x DDC 18W | Black ice stealth 360 | ThermoChill PA120.4 | EK Supreme HF Nickel | 2 x EK 580 Plexi | 7 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM | Modded TJ07
digitaldunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 14:07   #51
.//TuNdRa
Resident Bulldozer Guru

.//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat..//TuNdRa is definitely a rep cheat.
Mine is, at the moment, my singular Xperia S, first proper smartphone i've owned, first phone I've wound up with 3G on, and my singular support that's getting me through this hideous phase without a computer without going absolutely crazy from boredom.
Dozy Beast: AMD FX8120 | Thermalright Archon | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP | Asus Xonar DX/XD | 2X SLI KFA2 550Ti White Edition | Silverstone SSTG1000W | Silverstone Raven RV-02B V1.7 | OCZ Agility 3 60GB | 2x WD 3TB RED RAID0 | Lite-on Blu-ray ROM
Dell U2913WM | Sennheiser HD 485s | Creative Gigaworks T40s | Logitech G13 | Microsoft Sidewinder X6 | Cyborg R.A.T 9
.//TuNdRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 17:29   #52
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Ticket to Taiwan in 2010. kthxbye'd UK.

My first car - MK1 Clio 1.2. Piece of **** compared to everyone else's here but it NEVER failed me. 30k miles of pure fun bounding around the country, then sold it for as much as I bought it for. Only paid to put new boots on it and a few oil changes, plus an MOT. Second car 'upgrade' was just a money pit - was glad to get rid of it.

Maybe my first PC - 600 of savings and all the constant upgrades gave me a life-long love.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 17:47   #53
RinSewand
Useful

RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RinSewand is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Probably my SLR - through shooting gigs, roller derby and burlesque I've built up a huge number of friends I'd never have met otherwise.

I was considering car/iPhone, but ANY smartphone would perform the same function (give or take) and I can think of 40 cars in a similar price bracket to mine that I'd have had ALMOST the same enjoyment out of...

Though I'd say car 2nd as its four wheel drive has stopped me ending up in a hedge twice now....
RinSewand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 17:52   #54
PabloFunky
Ultramodder

PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.PabloFunky is definitely a rep cheat.
This is nice that peoples best purchases arent always infact their most expensive ones.

Nice thread, also happy to see there are many others that the Amiga really influenced their computer life as such.
PabloFunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 17:56   #55
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Another one is issue 83 of custom PC, never would have found you lot without it.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 18:29   #56
crazyg1zm0
I *am* a Dremel

crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
My fave one i think..... Is my Guitar. Got a Dean Razorback brand new and set-up for 450 which compared to teh RRP of about 800 is amazing

But my best one is the deposit for the flat my GF an I will be moving into come june
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
crazyg1zm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 18:32   #57
richythomas
Multimodder

richythomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrichythomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrichythomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrichythomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrichythomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrichythomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldunc View Post
You fly at Strathallan by any chance? It's just up the road from me.
I'm afraid I don't fly at Strathallan, although I have flown overhead using it as a turning point enroute to Prestwick, but that is only if I can't get through Glasgow's airspace (quite rare). If I'm going down that way I usually route direct to Kilmarnock from Cumbernauld / Bailiston Interchange, skirting around the large wind turbine "farm".

I'm based at Fife but the nearest airfield to me is Cumbernauld (I live in Alloa). However I do prefer the atmosphere and club of Fife, not that there is anything wrong with Cumbernauld, just my personal preference.
CPU: Intel i5 3570K Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance 1,600MHz MB: ASUS Maximus V Gene GFX: ASUS GTX 670 2GB DirectCU II SSD: 2 x 256GB Crucial M4 HDD: 2TB WD Green Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX760 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro
richythomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 18:36   #58
bodkin
Overheating

bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!bodkin - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
My Altberg Norwegian boots. Saw me through the horrors of Ex Longreach, and I am sure they will continue to serve for a very long time!
bodkin is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode